billwill

Currently, I'm using vb3.8, ibproarcade and xperience. It seems adding vbshop to this mix would give me some of the functionality I want but don't currently have. I've been searching both here and vbulletin.org but still have a few questions about what your products can provide.

1. Is there a way for either me to reset everyone's points to zero and have it stick? I can delete them from xperience, but they just come right back.
2. Is there a way for me to set the points so they expire for each user one year (or six months, or some other period) from the earliest point was earned? For example Jane's points earned on July 31, 2010 are automatically deducted on July 31, 2011.
3. Is there a way for points to be deducted from user accounts each day they do not login?
4. Is there a way that a particular usergroup can add items to the store for so other users can use their points to purchase by other users?
5. If so, can it be set so they can't remove an item they've put up without admin help?
6. Is there a definitive answer to the question I posted earlier about your arcade being compatible with 3.8?

Thanks for your help in this.
bw

Last edited:
1. We're not the developer of vBExperience, so we can't answer that question unfortunately.
2. Same as #1
3. Same as #1
4. Yes, but they will only be able to sell items of the "Custom Item" item type - not re-sell items they have bought in the store themselves.
5. Sorry, no.
6. I'll tag Darkwaltz4 so he can answer that

PS: If you were to switch to using vBCredits II Deluxe or vBActivity & Awards instead of vBExperience as a points source, that would mean yes to answer #1. #2 and #3 are not possible in vBActivity, Darkwaltz4 will have more information if those features exist in vBCredits :)

Hello Fillip H.

I know you're not the developer of xperience. All of my questions pertain to what your scripts will do. I know vbshop can access the xperience points, so I thought maybe they might be able to manipulate them as well. I am still not clear how I can use the multiple currency option you have yet.

So are you saying that if I use vBCredits II Deluxe and vbshop together I can do everything I want except prevent users from pulling back items they added to the store?

Will this allow points highscore winners, and leaders from ibproarcade accumlate points?

Thanks for helping lift the fog.

I know you're not the developer of xperience. All of my questions pertain to what your scripts will do. I know vbshop can access the xperience points, so I thought maybe they might be able to manipulate them as well. I am still not clear how I can use the multiple currency option you have yet.
If you use vBExperience with vBShop, then vBShop will deduct vBExperience points... but it sounds like vBExp rebuilds its points automatically, which vBShop will not be able to "overcome" :)

So are you saying that if I use vBCredits II Deluxe and vbshop together I can do everything I want except prevent users from pulling back items they added to the store?

Will this allow points highscore winners, and leaders from ibproarcade accumlate points?
I don't know if vBCredits has the "daily points deduction if they don't login" or the other features, I'll drag DW4 kicking and screaming into this topic in a moment :)

For vBCredits:
1) Yes
2) No
3) Yes

For vBArcade:

6) It should eventually, but not in the immediate timeframe (probably within a month). There are many style dependencies to vb4 that need to be created from scratch in vb3.8

Thanks for dragging him in Fillip H., and Darkwaltz4, thanks for being dragged.

So it seems that I can do most of what I want, using vbstore, vbcredits and xperience. For clarity, below is a summary of my understanding, with what I can't get is in red.

1. Reset everyone's points to zero and have it stick.
2. Set the points so they expire for each user one year (or six months, or some other period) from the earliest point was earned?
3. Deduct from user accounts each day they do not login. But not until I drop xperience from the mix.
4. A particular usergroup can add items to the store for so other users can use their points to purchase by other users.
5. It can't be set so they can't remove an item they've put up without admin help.
6. There still isn't a definitive answer to the question about 3.8

So since points from ibproarcade are important to me, and they don't feed into vbcredits or vbstore, it seems the best strategy is to keep xperience until you figure out the arcade issues with 3.8, drop their store for yours, and hope the arcade gets done soon. Am I understanding things correctly?

Last edited:
For at least a few weeks, there wont be a vb3.8 version of vbarcade. It is a design, not functionality, roadblock. Proper modern vBCredits integration with it will be in place before thats available.

I do have an old integration of vbcredits for ibproarcade which will feed into the default credits currency outside of the event/logging system if you want to drop xp and get started with credits in the meantime. You'll be able to easily convert ipa games, scores, and settings to vbarcade when that is ready for vb3.8 (already fully working for vb4).

That would be great! Please send it to me.

I'm having some issues with vbShop and have disabled it in the meantime. There's a fix underway at vborg. so I'm waiting for that before I reactivate it.

In the meantime, I'll install vBCredits II Deluxe and await the xp you mentioned.

After I install that, and the xp thing, can I disable xperience completely and just wait for your arcade to get done?

When I have all the lite versions setup and working, will upgrading to the proversions be easy, or will I have to reinstall and reconfigure?

Last edited:
PM me your email address when you are ready to do the ibpa integration with vbcredits. You should be able to remove vbxp entirely, and upon switching to vbarcade everything should transfer smoothly.

Upgrading to the pro versions of everything is seamless and wont lose what was set up/earned on lite.

Hello -

I've installed the lite versions of vBShop and VBCreditsII Deluxe.

So far, I've encountered one issue that I hope you can fix. One of the mods that I use quite often is Admin Login as User

When I use it now, I get this error message:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /dbtech/credits/credits_core.php on line 480

I can disable credits, use the other mod, then re-enable, but I'm sure this would cause issues for users while credits is disabled. Is there an easy fix?

Please post support questions in the support forums for each mod :)

We use those mods just fine in conjunction with eachother on this site, btw.

Hello Fillip H.

This IS a presales question. If I can get your lite products to work, and figure out which ones I need to accomplish what I want, then I will purchase those items. I would prefer to discuss it on the phone, but since presales forum is the only option I can see, I'm stuggling with things in presales. If you have a sales phone number, please pm it to me. That would speed things up considerably. I am currently using a combination of ibproarcade and xperience, neither of which are being improved for the 3.8 version of vbulletin.

What I want is:
  • Compatibility with vb3.8
  • credits generated from your arcade (champs, high scorers, tournment winners) to add credits
  • various actions users take in the forum as I decide. (post, reply, refer, etc)
  • be able to setup negative points days not logged in
  • be able to set everyone to zero on midnight, jan 1st
  • be able to have points expire one year after they were earned.
  • users in a particular usergroup can add items to the store
  • Be able to move all points from xperience to your sytem, then delete

Which of your products do I need to accomplish this?

thanks.

• Compatibility with vb3.8 Everything except vBArcade right now
  • credits generated from your arcade (champs, high scorers, tournment winners) to add credits My next vBArcade priority
  • various actions users take in the forum as I decide. (post, reply, refer, etc) vBCredits
  • be able to setup negative points days not logged in vBCredits
  • be able to set everyone to zero on midnight, jan 1st vBCredits
  • be able to have points expire one year after they were earned. Not supported
  • users in a particular usergroup can add items to the store Not sure about vBShop
  • Be able to move all points from xperience to your sytem, then delete vBCredits
Are you asking how to do these now? If so, please open support threads for help - presales forum is for yes/no type of questions and are not tracked or alerted to the proper people who work on the parts that make up your machine :D

Hello darkwaltz -

Thanks for the answers.

My webmaster wants to buy the appropriate products that will give us the functionality we need on our site, and he wants to do that as soon as possible. Would it speed things up if we move this discussion to email, or phone? That would prevent me from inadvertently breaking your forum posting rules, and help me get answers so we can pay you and move on.

I'd like nothing better than to be posting in the support forums after installing your products, rather than posting here or trying to figure out which products of your we need and which forum you guys want me to ask which questions.

We just want to give you guys some cash. Please help me do that.

We are a collection of coders who work on separate projects. For example, I work on vBCredits and vBArcade while Fillip H. works on vBShop. Thankfully you mostly need to talk to me and I'm already getting alerts from this thread :p Also, we prefer that you post in these forums rather than call or email because of our decentralized nature, and we can have a persistent copy of the conversation that could apply to future users with the same question, as well as allowing the other developers to jump in as needed. Thanks for your support!

It sounds like you definitely will want vBCredits and vBShop, and probably vBArcade (although a vB3.8 compatible version is not yet available, so you may want to wait).
At any rate, all 3 have lite versions you can install for free to start setting up - you can use them indefinitely and if/when you upgrade, that setup will merge over.
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbdownloads.php?do=listings&catid=1

Hello darkwaltz -

Thanks again for the answers and the clarifications. I'll try to spread my questions around your forum.

I REALLY need the arcade to make the switch, so giving me updates from time to time would be great as it gets closer to completion.

I'll try to post support questions around your forum. It's more convenient that way for you, but it makes things from my end a bit more complicated. For example, when I look at the control panel, I don't see where to assign 30 points for a user posting, adding photos to albums, referring, guests, etc., or for 5 points for their not logging in. Is this a vbcredits question, a vbstore question?

Also, I thought you were going to pm me a file that would link my current ibproarcade install with the points system. Can you send that along as well? I'd like to stop relying on Xperience as soon as possible and start learning your mods.

Also, in keeping with the pre-sales theme, is there a discount for purchasing multiple mods, and will one branding free purchase all, or is there a quantity discount for that?

Thanks

Last edited:
If it's regarding giving credits to users, it's vBCredits. If it's taking away credits from users in exchange for items, it's vBShop.

There are discounts for bulk purchases, yeah. This page has details on our discount system: Discounts - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons

Branding Free licences apply to one licence of the product it's an AddOn for :)

Actually, I forgot I had posted the ibproarcade/vbcredits integration long ago to vborg here: Spend vBCredits in your ibProArcade - vBulletin.org Forum

Note: it is a lot of file edits; its one of the reasons i ended up making vbarcade.

Editing the amounts to award people for actions is under Admincp > vBCredits > Activity Amounts Configuration -though some of those dont have an included event, so you can add one from the dropdown at the bottom. Let me know if you have trouble identifying the right ones.

Back