Status
Not open for further replies.

ibinamaster

Customer
User A: User of Forum
User B: Admin

I'm using custom rewrite URLs, but also tried the default ones. The URLs aren't the problem, because the same URL works for other users.

I have one particular Thread that causes a critical error. This Thread has 100 replies, 1 delated reply and is 11 pages long.

Scenario 1: forum.php (Homepage)

1.jpg

Clicking on the link (1) with the thread title:
without SEO: going to the first unread post (ok)
User A: going to the first unread post (everything works fine)
User B: resulting in the following error:

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 102 in test/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php on line 2410

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 102 in test/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php on line 2410

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at test/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php:2410) in test/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php on line 849
Page not found

Clicking on the icon (2):
without SEO: going to the last post (ok)
User A: going to page 11 and the last post on page 11 (everything works fine)
User B: going to the first post of page 10 (not ok)

Scenario 2: forumdisplay.php

3.jpg

Clicking on the icon (2):
without SEO: going to the last post
User A: going to page 11 and the last post on page 11 (everything works fine)
User B: going to the first post of page 10 (not ok)

Can the preg_match errors be replicated 100% of the time? If so, I will need an FTP account as well as the access details of User B so that I can see this in action.

Can the preg_match errors be replicated 100% of the time?

Yes, but just for that one thread.

I have resetted all seo settings. Same error.

The second bug (not redirecting to the right post) is not just regarding that one thread. Every thread seems to be impacted.

Guests and registered users are working ok, but my Admin Account just ignores every new post or last post URL. I often get redirected to the requested thread but without jumping to the right post (e.g. ….post2363.html#post2363).

I'm sorry but due to our piracy commitment to our users I'm not able to grant you ftp or control panel access to our forum. Instead I'm trying to describe the problem as detailed as possible.

Last edited:
Now I'm getting closer to the problem: It is not usergroup-depended. It is Browser-depended!!!
(Explanation: User A was on Safari and User B on Firefox - this resulted in my wrong conclusion)

In Firefox for Mac everything is working fine. In Safari 6.1.3 for Mac not. How could that be?

You have the same problem in the dragonbyte-tech forum: In Safari clicking on the last-post icon lastpost-right.png doesn't take me to the last post!

Please fix this bug as soon as possible. Thanks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I will be unable to assist you further until I am granted the requested access.

If, in the future, other people report the same problem and are willing to assist me in fixing it, the product will be updated with a fix.

You don't need access to my forum. You have the same problem here in your forum at dragonbyte-tech.com.

Try using Safari on a Mac and click on the last-post-icon lastpost-right.png on a forumdisplay-site and you will see it yourself. Clicking on the last-post-icon should take you to the last post of a thread. This works in many browsers but not using Safari on the Mac. (Instead you are taken to the first post of the last page)

Since many of my users are using a Mac this is a critical bug. Please fix it. Thanks!

This is a bug in Safari. Safari will explicitly remove the post anchor when a redirect occurs. We cannot fix a browser bug, unfortunately.

Also, when I referred to access to your forum, I was talking about the preg_match issue, which cannot be replicated on DBTech (to my knowledge).

This is a bug in Safari. Safari will explicitly remove the post anchor when a redirect occurs. We cannot fix a browser bug, unfortunately.

Also, when I referred to access to your forum, I was talking about the preg_match issue, which cannot be replicated on DBTech (to my knowledge).

No, it is not a Safari bug, because with db seo disabled it does work, even with Safari. So it is a bug resulting from the db seo plugin.

Now the important question: Are you working on a fix for this bug?
It is important because most of my users are using a Mac.

If it's not a Safari bug, can you please explain why a browser feature that DBSEO has no control over works fine in all other browsers?

If it's not a Safari bug, can you please explain why a browser feature that DBSEO has no control over works fine in all other browsers?

Your plugin changes something so that the last-post-function of vbulletin doesn't work with Safari if db seo is enabled. Is there any warning notice on your product site that your plugin is not compatible with Safari? (http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/product/303-dragonbyte-seo/)

Since I had now clue that your plugin is not compatible with a major browser like Safari I would like to ask for a refund. I can not use this plugin because a lot of my users do have a Mac and are using Safari. Thanks!

Sorry, but this is a bug in Safari; see this bug report: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=24175 (if you don't know, Webkit is an Apple-created web rendering engine that powers Safari, Chrome and Opera Next).

As you can see, this bug has been reported in 2009. All other Webkit-based browsers have implemented fixes for this bug, yet Apple has not incorporated any of these fixes in the Safari browser.

Still, this bad behavior of Safari is caused by your plugin. It doesn't exist in vbulletin (without db seo enabled).

Due to this incompatibility I can't activate this plugin because a lot of my users do use Safari. I'm sorry to say this, but at this point this plugin is useless for me. So I would like to ask for a refund. Thanks!

Due to this incompatibility I can't activate this plugin because a lot of my users do use Safari.
The problem is that the Safari bug only exists on 301 Moved Permanently redirects, which is necessary for search engines to function. By default, vBulletin redirects with a 303 See Other.

I will attempt to dynamically alter the way the redirect functions so that only Safari on Mac gets the 303 See Other redirect.

Update: I believe I have resolved this issue and have included it in the upcoming 1.0.14 release :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back