Bug Threaded mode doesn't work properly with DBSEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldoff

Customer
I know some people thinks that threaded mode is obsolete, but I need it working in my site for several reasons. And it isn't.

When clicking "go to last message" from the threadlist you can go to the last read post in the thread only when you are in linear mode, but when you are in threaded mode there is no way: you are redirected to the starting post no matter what was your last read.

And it only happens when you have DBSEO installed. I never found this issue before.

Can you please fix that?

Thank you in advance

(I have searched this forum before posting, but did not find anything similar)

Let me show an example:

Thread:
Os gusta este Alpina? - Foro General

Let's say I have read some of the posts there

The URL contained in the little blue arrow in the "las post" column:
http://www.relojes-especiales.com/f...a-este-alpina-339941/post4077177/#post4077177

The URL where you land when click:
Os gusta este Alpina? - Foro General - Página 7

It seems the system ignores whatever post you read last.

When I do the same with linear mode on:

Thread:
Os gusta este Alpina? - Foro General

The URL contained in the little blue arrow in the "las post" column:
http://www.relojes-especiales.com/f...a-este-alpina-339941/post4077177/#post4077177

The URL where you land when click:
Os gusta este Alpina? - Foro General - Página 7

Yes, exactly the same thing, but the browser behaviour is different 'cause this time I am in the actually last read...

Can you try fully disabling DBSEO (i.e. both disabling the product from vB's Product Manager and its .htaccess rewrite rules) and then try the same again, letting me know what URLs you land on in Threaded and Linear mode?

I thought I'd try to reproduce this on vBulletin 3.8.8 but wasn't able to, however I did notice another perhaps similar issue.
I am using the latest dbSEO 1.2.7

Clicking hybrid display mode switches the url to the following and fails
400 Bad Request

In linear and threaded display mode the url shows as
FlashFXP 5.0 released - FlashFXP Forums

UPDATE:

I noticed a possible related error in my apache error_log
[01-Oct-2014 12:48:34 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Class 'vB_Template' not found in /home/web/public_html/forum/dbtech/dbseo/hooks/threadmanage_complete.php on line 4

Last edited:
I thought I'd try to reproduce this on vBulletin 3.8.8 but wasn't able to, however I did notice another perhaps similar issue.
I am using the latest dbSEO 1.2.7[...]
I know some people thinks that threaded mode is obsolete, but I need it working in my site for several reasons. And it isn't.[...]
I believe both of these issues should now be resolved. Please try re-downloading v1.2.7 and re-uploading all files and let me know if it's working now :)

Downloaded the update

Hybrid mode works perfectly in vBulletin 3.8.8 now.

However I noticed a new error in the error_log

[02-Oct-2014 15:37:51 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/web/public_html/forum/dbtech/dbseo/hooks/threadmanage_complete.php on line 4

I found this is triggered when i click on Thread Tools > Edit Thread.

Last news

Well, it seems a new issue arose with this fix: when you as admin edit or quote someone else's post and click "save changes" or "send" the sistem seems to hang and you have to go to the main page and start over...

Last edited:
Please provide more details. Are there any error messages in the browser or in your server's error_log?

Please provide more details. Are there any error messages in the browser or in your server's error_log?

[Edit: Sorry, it seems that images have auto-resized when published. Please follow the URLs in order to read the URLs contained in them]

Sorry, I am just the admin and not the tech support so I'll show you some screenshots in the hope this helps:
(Please follow green arrows)

Firstly I click the thread I want to edit. You can see the URL at the bottom

1_zps76907504.jpg

Yes, it is in threaded mode... Then I click on the post to edit:

2_zps34503fd4.jpg

I click on the edit button:

3_zps95b092ce.jpg

Go to advanced and edit the post changing the tag form For Sale to Sold

5_zps43e21f48.jpg

Then click on Save Changes and...

6_zps6fbcdbfd.jpg

A great white.
The browser (Firefox) seems to hang and I must go to the main page and start over

A I said at the beginning, hope this helps. In the meanwhile I'ii ask my technician.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Please make sure display_errors​ is turned on in php.ini :)

Updated to 1.2.8 and the problem is still there: a white blank with no possibility to go ahead.

These are some logs:

[07-Oct-2014 12:29:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:03:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:05:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:07:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:09:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:09:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:12:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:12:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:12:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:27:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 13:50:54 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 14:45:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 14:56:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:09:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:21:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:25:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:29:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:29:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:30:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:30:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:32:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:34:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:35:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:36:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:43:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152
[07-Oct-2014 15:45:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method DBSEO::rewriteForumUrl() in /var/www/forore/dbtech/dbseo/includes/library/thread.php on line 152

Yes, all the same. Don't know whether they are significant or not

That seems to stem from either the upgrade process itself (temporary issue while the file was uploaded), or not all new files have been uploaded correctly.

Please make sure you have dragged and dropped the contents of the upload folder to your forum folder, and allowed all files to overwrite and all folders to merge.

That seems to stem from either the upgrade process itself (temporary issue while the file was uploaded), or not all new files have been uploaded correctly.

Please make sure you have dragged and dropped the contents of the upload folder to your forum folder, and allowed all files to overwrite and all folders to merge.

We have tested that and all files are overwritten propertly. As always, by the way.

In which file should we find the rewriteForumUrl() function?

Although the post is marked as "Fixed" and I said here (too early, I am afraid) that it was working, the fact is that the whole thing has become a nightmare for me and threaded mode users:

You get a blank screen (see my post above) when edit a post. Mostly in the Sales Corner, but it happens everywhere with "go advanced" option.

But the worst thing is that you get that blank screen even when post a new thread.

Finally, the funny thing: sometimes and for unknown reasons, that "hack" stops working and all return as before posting my request here: blank screens disappear, but when you click on the little blue arrow called "last message" you are sent to the first post of the thread no matter how many posts are there.

Thanks for yor attention

If you PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account for your forum, I can attempt to resolve this. To make debugging easier, I would also ask that you set display_errors to On in php.ini and restart your web server. This will allow me to see any errors on screen. Otherwise, it will take significantly longer to resolve this for you.

Finally we found the quid of the question:

My tech support decided to uninstall the whole DBSEO and reinstall 1.2.8 from scratch. And now it worked.

FYI: It seems that there were left parts of old versions working as rubbish and preventing updates to be installed properly.

Now working flawlessly and as expected.

Again, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating