Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro slider installed and forum links attached to the slider with a default picture. When I choose to add the first IMG option the site crashes. I've assigned it to News forum and each thread has an image which I want to display with the link text/thread. Any ideas?

Can you expand on "the site crashes"? Are the images local images or are they from remote servers? The slider will retreive the images from remote servers and save them locally, but this requires certain processes to be enabled in your PHP config. By expanding on your issue, it will help us in seeing if this is the issue or if it is something else.

The images are banners which are saved via imgur and image hosting sites etc. When I change the option to use IMG I get a ton of lines like -

fjriiiiiiiiiiiifk@@@3jddddnjoekdddddd
dllllllllpdl@@D@Ddkjsweberfkjlrkvrl@
ffjifh4uihfnkfjo4fkpffddddddddd33333

Across the whole page and unable to access my site

Check to see if you have EXIF enable in your PHP settings. The characters you are seeing is the actual file trying to be retrieved.

Please ensure the following directory exists and its CHMODed to 755: /dbtech/vbslider/images/externalimages

If that directory doesn't exist, or permissions are not set properly, you can get that type of error. The garbage text you are seeing if actually the image being shown in text format.

Yes it is the same question, in your screenshot you show the images directory, not the externalimages directory found inside that one.

There was another site that had this issue, can you see what setting the externalimages dir to 777 results in? Hopefully the image should show then.

Ok that's a start, it's not the ideal solution but at least it is working. The dev of the mod may have further info for you when he has a chance to answer the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back