Bug Flickr image embeds yield gibberish from VBslider

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahw

Customer
Good Morning!

I have the vBslider running, and it's working beautifully -- except that every now and again, something would happen that made hundreds of lines of code appear in the header (bumping all other page content down and completely breaking slider functionality). Here's a screenshot of how it starts (but there are hundreds, even thousands more lines of this):

vb-broken.jpg

I narrowed it down to incidences in which a user has input an image with Flickr and included via IMG tags. I am able to fix it (everything works properly) if I edit the post, input the same image URL, but choose "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" to attach the image. I am thinking this might be because the Flickr image URLs are secure links? They do still show up fine in the thread -- but they break the slider.

I know that a workaround would be to set the slider to only pull stickied posts (To avoid posts of this nature ever being chosen for slider inclusion), but the point of my having the slider is to generate content dynamically without daily management.

I have the slider working on our live site (I am monitoring and changing the IMG tags to embeds if a problem turns up) but replicated the problem on a test site. I'd be happy to provide these links privately if that's helpful. Thank you for your assistance!

That's because flickr doesn't send the correct headers. There's nothing we can do about this, unfortunately :(

Hmm - any way to have it skip those posts with some sort of conditional? I would be fine just having these posts absent from the slider. Barring that, even skipping all posts with the IMG tags, maybe? (rather than putting in a placeholder image)

Or do you know if there's a way to force the "retrieve remote file and reference locally" in the image attachment interface? I would love to make this work! :)

For now I hid the "retrieve remote file" line via CSS since it is checked by default. I am not sure that will be a good longterm fix, but it's a start, perhaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back