Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwaltz4

Former Developer
The first thing about your arcade is you'll want to get some games into it, right? There are three ways to do this, accessible through the Import Games link in the vBArcade menu in the admincp.

Conversion from an existing arcade (ibproarcade and v3 arcade). The option of which appears depending on what you still have installed on your server (although again, you will not be able to run it simultaneously with vBArcade). If you know you have something available but it is not showing up, or you get errors, or game information appears to be missing, please post a thread with the type and version of the arcade you had installed. I might ask for FTP information to look at your database directly.

Installing from a feed. Currently only supporting mochi. You will need a free mochi publisher ID and apply that in your settings. If you get errors or information appears to be missing, please post a thread with the name of the game you were looking at.

Upload/bulk process archive files. Tar and zip (if your server supports it), FTP'd to a specific directory or with the supplied upload field. The information within should be detected automatically regardless of mix of type. Due to many variations over time, this area needs the most testing to ensure anything anyone tries to use will be processable, as long as it was provided that way at some point. I do not care how you obtained the games :) If you know you have something that worked in the past but it is not showing up, or you get errors, or game information appears to be missing, please post a thread explaining what you know, and email to archive files to blackwaltz4@msn.com with a link back to that thread.

The first beta version for use with this task will become available 8/13/11 - in the meantime please take the poll and locate any game archive files you can find to test importing.

Otherwise, if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know. This feature is designed to be as automatic as possible so adding lots of games is simple, quick and painless :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
at this point, i think ive done everything i can for importing, and will archive this thread :p

in the next beta (20) - related to importing:

All the import types (except upload) will offer some preset tags you can use right away without having to hunt down a game using them
You can freeform search and toggle between games you have already installed, and those that are new (default)
Fixed some of the types marking some things as categories and others as tags, when should have been the other way around.
Made the select-all work like on the game manager, and added a link to play a demo of the game - plus quick way to jump to the editor of already-installed games.
Made tags persistent and got rid of some stupid ones while finding more meaningful ones.

... finally implemented the FGD import feed (and hopefully made it select SOME games that use mochi vs those using gamersafe)

Status
Not open for further replies.