• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Customer
I bought this modification ages ago, but because you did not have the create threads integration (until now)... I could not use it.

I have downloadsII running and to be fair it does the job!

I would honestly like to move to your products as they are always supported and I know any issues you guys always resolve them.

So

1) Does your importer also import the thread creation that this mod provides for DownloadsII

DownloadsII Create New Thread Add-On [vB4] - vBulletin.org Forum

We have a few hundred categories all set up and posting threads successfully and re-doing all this would be quite the task!

2) Can you control the Thread Generation title?

3) When you edit a file will it also update the thread?

4) How much data is pulled with your importer, does it get all the permissions in the usergroup manager?

5) When importing will it move the files that are stored locally with downloadsII or will it just keep them where they are?

Thanks for any pointers

Mick

1) Does your importer also import the thread creation that this mod provides for DownloadsII
As of v2.2.2, yes :)

2) Can you control the Thread Generation title?
There is an option with replacement variables available for creating thread titles.

3) When you edit a file will it also update the thread?
Not at this time, no.

4) does it get all the permissions in the usergroup manager?
There are no usergroup permissions imported from DownloadsII.

5) When importing will it move the files that are stored locally with downloadsII or will it just keep them where they are?
It will copy them into the vBDownloads storage directory.

It copies. This is because moving files would mean that re-doing the import for whatever reason (such as unexpected termination of the import) would be impossible.

It also means that if DownloadII was preferred over vBDownloads for whatever reason, it would be impossible to revert to using it without manually moving all the files back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back