Status
Not open for further replies.

TandyServices

Customer
I don't know if this is a bug or request. So I am placing it here..

Ok I been having problems with blank pages after importing the games from Mochi. I think I figured out why. Not sure..

Ok I noticed you have to start out with at least one game to add categories. Then the page will not be blank. After I imported a few games then i can edit the categories as long as you did not pick up a game that has some kind of error.. If there is an error in the game. You will not be able to edit the categories or worse.. If it is a really bad file. You will not be able to manage the games.. You will get blank pages. So if that is the case.. Only option to do is un install the arcade then delete the arcade games off the server. Witch is better if you delete the whole arcade system files because there are a few different places they go.. Have to uninstall the game system because there is no other way to manage the game to delete it out of the database.. I had over 5000 games at the begaining and ended up with a blank page to edit games. I even deleted the whole site because of errors and started it over.. Now every time I turn around with just a few games i get a bad one and have to do it again.. There has to be a better way instead of deleting the games after taking so much time to import them.. Would be nice for the system to check the file and if there is an error to tell you before it gets installed instead of installing it and showing blank pages..

That's strange, I had downloaded at least 10,000 from there and did not come across this issue, but that was in initial beta development, if you know of a game or two, could you zip them up and post it here, then Darkwaltz4 can look at the game and see what may be causing it.

That is the whole problem. I import least 25 to 100 at a time and can't really tell what ones are bad.. I just redone my acrade again last night and now I have a blank page in categories.. I can still get into the manage games part. But to try to find out what game is bad would be hard if not imposable to find.. There are only 583 games I would have to go through. I sort of quit after I keep getting the error or what ever the problem might be.

That stinks, I was hoping you would have come across a specif game to look at, but maybe he will know something off the top of his head anyway.

Sounds like your site is set to suppress errors from being displayed, so you just get the useless blank pages.

Can you edit (forum)/arcade.php and (forum)/(admincp)/arcade_admin.php and put this

PHP:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

directly below

PHP:
<?php

in each?

That should show you errors now when you get to the blank pages, which you should immediately copy and paste here for me to see.

Alternatively, if you know of a method to consistently crash it like this, you can describe it here after sending me ftp access and an admin login.

v1.3.0 had an issue with mochi games not importing properly if the filenames had spaces in them. This was fixed in v2.0.0, but even so it would only cause the game to not load, not any particular pages (especially in the admin) becoming inaccessible.

Well I clicked around your admincp and was unable to get any white pages. Manage games and categories were particularly fine. :/

Ok now i have an error poping up.. The site is running very slow.. on the manage games the error is:
Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home2/truckio8/public_html/admincp/arcade_admin.php on line 1530

All i did was import a few more games..

@Darkwaltz4;
Ok Now I have the blank pages again.. Besides that error I posted above, My Manage Scores, and manage categories are blank.. Least no opions in the window..

Last edited:
This looks like a bug that is fixed by editing (forums)/(admincp)/arcade_admin.php find

PHP:
while ($link = $db->fetch_array($links)) $cats[$link['gameid']][] = $link['categoryid'];

adding above

PHP:
$cats = array();

ive done this for your site already, and the manage games loads now.

This looks like a bug that is fixed by editing (forums)/(admincp)/arcade_admin.php find

PHP:
while ($link = $db->fetch_array($links)) $cats[$link['gameid']][] = $link['categoryid'];

adding above

PHP:
$cats = array();

ive done this for your site already, and the manage games loads now.

Ok now the games will not save and also there are the blank pages. The games are not even showing that they are played..
Really about to give up on the arcade all together. Thanks for your help though..

Blank pages: I have been repeatedly through your arcade admin pages, and never gotten a blank page, except for the bug I fixed for you previously. I know this is frustrating, but I need to be able to reproduce the issue in order to determine what is causing it.
I notice you have suhosin installed, which is notorious for causing intermittent and random issues like this, because it will strip action data from various site requests.

Scoring: this is a simple permissions issue which I can clear up for you. Here is what you have set up:

You only selected a single game to accept Scoring
You prevented banned users from playing (good).
For everything else, you allow to Play the games (but because it wasn't set to Record, no play counts will increase, and because it wasn't set to Score, no scores will be set - this is why you are experiencing the missing stats and scores).

I think you meant to set the first permission to All Games (and not the single blank game at the top). I can edit that for you :)

I am in the process of deleting all the arcade and redoing the system.. It is now deleting all 4000+ games off the server.. I put a screen shot of the credits blank page on my other post.. The whole page was not blank.. Just no setting. I could goto other setting on the left side admin block.. The two pages on the arcade was the same as the one page on credits.. I am going to re- install the arcade one more time and see what happens.. I will download a new file here and make the edits as what you put here.. Then I will see what happens..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings