Status
Not open for further replies.

tavenger5

Customer
I recently synced the files uploaded in an install of vbGallery to Amazon S3 using vbOptimize. There's a couple issues that I found:

• Images have to be synced manually to keep photos in the gallery updated on the cdn
  • Images are exist on the cdn and file server unless you manually delete the images on the server
  • Not all URL's are replaced - for example, the ones under "image code", which gives the user linking URL's

Any thoughts on this?

Hey tavenger,

Really the CDN integration isn't geared towards dynamic static content (I realise how that sounds..). For example, if you assigned the avatar directory you'd need to keep manually syncing, the only scenario that it wouldn't require that really is if you had an Origin Pull/Mirror CDN which automatically fetches content for you.

Right now automation for this is something I have on the list to tackle, the general idea would be monitoring directories you've subscribed to the CDN and using a cron to check for changes / sync, although the sync process can be intensive so this isn't something likely to be around for v3, more like the future.

Content on the CDN isn't deleted either, just updated/added - making delete an automatic feature would be problematic in some instances, like users manually uploading files to the CDN or temporarily removing a folder from the assignments. As for URL replacements - it won't work 100% unfortunately, especially where external modifications are concerned, it really depends how vBGallery spit out html formats, if it's formatted like vB then it should be fine (which might be why some are/aren't working).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back