• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Switch from vBSEO to DragonByte SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

advanco

Customer
Hello,

I have a question before we do a big update of vBulletin 4.1.x to 4.2.5 and switch from vBSEO to DragonByte SEO Professional including import of vBSEO Likes to Advanced Post Thanks.

While the update process we increase PHP version step by step from 5.3 to 5.6. The question now is: is vBSEO compatible with PHP 5.6? If yes: we can first do the vBulletin updates and then switch to DragonByte SEO. Otherwise we need to switch to DragonByte SEO before we go to PHP 5.6. What do you recommend?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Marcel

Hi there,

DragonByte SEO requires at least PHP 5.4 with the intl and iconv extensions enabled, it will not function at all on PHP 5.3 and your forum may crash if you attempt to install it on PHP 5.3.

I would recommend that you first upgrade to vB 4.2.5 and check to make sure everything is working as it should (and make sure all templates have been merged). Once you're confident the forum still works as intended, turn your forum off via the vBOptions, then fully disable vBSEO (remove .htaccess entries as well as disabling, BUT NOT UNINSTALLING, from the plugins & products interface), then upgrade to PHP 5.6.

If you do not have many 3rd party modifications outside of ours, you could even upgrade to 7.0 or 7.1, as the latest versions of all our mods are compatible with 7.1.

7.2 is not recommended as vB 4.2.5 is not compatible, and never will be.

After the PHP version has been upgraded, then you can install DBSEO & APTL and do the various imports.

Hi Fillip,

thanks for your quick answer. I did not know that intl and iconv are required.

If I understand it right:

vBulletin 4.2.4 requires PHP 5.5.0+
vBulletin 4.2.5 requires PHP 5.6.0+

So I definitely need that PHP version before the upgrade. So the question is what is the highest supported PHP version of vBSEO. If PHP 5.6 is not supported I need to deactivate vBSEO before upgrade to 4.2.5.

If I do a wrong step before the right one I will crash the forum.

Regards, Marcel

To be safe, I would recommend fully disabling vBSEO before the upgrade - I am not aware of any PHP version requirements for vB 4.2.x as we've always stayed ahead of the curve in that regard.

If you want to be extra safe, disable the vBSEO product and turn off the hooks system from the vBulletin Options - that way, no 3rd party product can possibly interfere with the upgrade process. The hook system can be turned back on once the upgrade is complete and all templates have been merged.

The vBSEO product should remain disabled (but still installed).

Hello advanco,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings