Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
I had noticed in the past on occasion that a sitemap cron job would not always run. It was rare and at the time I don't think I could narrow it down to why. Last night I upgraded to 1.0.1 and this morning the sitemap generation did not run.

Looking back at my records it does appear that the sitemap cron job not running may directly coincide to me updating DBSEO the previous day. Without any changes to settings it appears to pick up and generate the second day following an update, but for some reason skips the first scheduled cron job the day after an update. I should also state that after most of the recent updates on DBSEO I have not made any settings changes, or resaved any settings. Sitemap generation has been set to "1", everyday for quite awhile.

Also, when checking into this I went to see if it was just the email that wasn't getting sent or whether it was actually that the new sitemap files had not been created. It was definitely the sitemap files had not been created. They were still dated yesterday and should of ran over an hour ago now. There is decent traffic on the site and all crons are running in a timely fashion. I can see the DBSEO sitemap cron job near the bottom of the list scheduled to run tomorrow at 5:00AM.

What I found interesting when checking the sitemap files that were created yesterday was the timestamps on them. The first one timestamped at 5:00AM as expected but the others (11 in total) were spread out between 5:00AM and 5:12AM. I found this odd for the sized site I have (pretty small). I know when I run the sitemap generation manually it runs in under 20 seconds (or use to a couple weeks ago, I have not run it manually recently). Just thought I would mention it, maybe you changed something in the coding to spread out the cron job?

Here are the times from yesterday:
sitemap.jpg

(p.s. couldn't get your flash uploader to work, may want to check on it)

Just thought I would mention it, maybe you changed something in the coding to spread out the cron job?
Nope, nothing has changed. Most of that code was lifted wholesale from vB's XML Sitemap generation, and I'll bet it's a load balancing feature.

Manually triggered cron jobs or rebuilds run different code, because they are admin initiated actions.

(p.s. couldn't get your flash uploader to work, may want to check on it)
We removed it due to the following: YUI Security Issue found in uploader.swf - vBulletin.org Forum

Last edited:
I'm not sure we want to trust 4th party fixes to 3rd party software, especially considering it's a compiled binary piece of software. Even if the source code was included, I'm not familiar enough with ActionScript that I'd be able to audit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back