• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
1) CMS Urls: When there are two stopwords together on a CMS article title there is an extra "-" (dash) left in the rewrite url. Forum urls looked ok.

Thread url: CRUISIN - Cruise Music - Songs That Get You In The Mood!
Thread title: Cruise Music - Songs That Get You In The Mood!​

2) CMS Urls: On CMS url rewrites in some instances trailing punctuation is not being removed on rewrite. Forum urls looked ok.

Thread url: CRUISIN - Is Your Username Not Quite What You Wanted? Now You Can Change It!
Thread title: Is Your Username Not Quite What You Wanted? Now You Can Change It!
(see example from #1 also)​

3) Forum Urls: Thread titles that end in a number are all being rewritten with a trailing "-a" whether they have an attachment or not.

4) Caching: If there is no site prefix set for caching the dbseo prefix still contains a preceding underscore.

5) Caching: When testing caching I noticed many items being cached by DBSEO but none of them were showing any hits.

Last edited:
2) CMS Urls: On CMS url rewrites in some instances trailing punctuation is not being removed on rewrite. Forum urls looked ok.

Thread url: CRUISIN - Is Your Username Not Quite What You Wanted? Now You Can Change It!
Thread title: Is Your Username Not Quite What You Wanted? Now You Can Change It!
I'll look at that further, thanks :)

3) Forum Urls: Thread titles that end in a number are all being rewritten with a trailing "-a" whether they have an attachment or not.
As far as I can figure out, the -a isn't to indicate an attachment, it's to ensure the regexp that reverses the title back to threadID isn't confused by the number.

4) Caching: If there is no site prefix set for caching the dbseo prefix still contains a preceding underscore.
That doesn't really matter, it's just a way of differentiating it, but I suppose I can check for prefix and check if the prefix ends with a _ and then add my own (or not) as needed :)

5) Caching: When testing caching I noticed many items being cached by DBSEO but none of them were showing any hits.
Did you remember to re-enable caching in config.php? I left it commented out in order to not run into more cached page issues when debugging on your site.

Did you remember to re-enable caching in config.php? I left it commented out in order to not run into more cached page issues when debugging on your site.

Yes, it is re-enabled and 99% of all other cached items are showing hits but since enabling it I have not seen any hits on anything DBSEO for approx 20 hours. I just checked it again and out of the approx 90 DBSEO cached items showing, none are showing a single hit. Here is a screenshot (I sorted items alphabetically). I can give you access to the xcache admin panel if you want (just need to remove an .htaccess password on the directory).

cache_sample.jpg

I've uploaded some new files to your site with the following changelog:

Change: The Datastore function will now not apply another underscore if one exists in the Datastore Prefix config setting
Change: Cache items now have a TTL of 1 hour
Change: Removed caching of some items as even a short TTL results in stale data
Fixed: Cache items would not expire properly, causing stale data
Fixed: eAccelerator and APC cache items would not return the fetched data correctly

Let me know if that improves things :)

Change: The Datastore function will now not apply another underscore if one exists in the Datastore Prefix config setting
Fixed: eAccelerator and APC cache items would not return the fetched data correctly

That looks like it did it. Showing hundreds of hits now on all DBSEO cached items.

xcache_vardata.jpg

1) CMS Urls: When there are two stopwords together on a CMS article title there is an extra "-" (dash) left in the rewrite url. Forum urls looked ok.

Thread url: CRUISIN - Cruise Music - Songs That Get You In The Mood!
Thread title: Cruise Music - Songs That Get You In The Mood!​

3) Forum Urls: Thread titles that end in a number are all being rewritten with a trailing "-a" whether they have an attachment or not. - Reported not to be a bug

4) Caching: If there is no site prefix set for caching the dbseo prefix still contains a preceding underscore. - Fixed

5) Caching: When testing caching I noticed many items being cached by DBSEO but none of them were showing any hits. - Fixed

Still seeing issues 1 & 2 in beta6

I've decided that the minute performance gains achieved by using the CMS SEO URLs as a base for DBSEO's URLs was not worth the amount of trouble.

I've implemented the upcoming fix on your site in the meantime :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back