Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

I would like to uninstall vbcredits deluxe lite 2.0.0 simply because I no longer have a use for it. I have had no problems with the script... it worked great when I used it, but I no longer need it on my site.

How can I remove this completely and safely from my site? Reverse template edits?

You might want to download the zip again just so you can 1) see the files that were added and their locations (so you can delete them) and 2) see the one template edit you made from the instructions, if you want to remove it (it was just to add a harmless template hook).
Then just use the uninstall function in your vb product manager for vbcredits - it will remove all traces from your database.

After thinking about it, I may just keep this installed because it could be useful for me in the future.

Is there a way to turn off the "Savings" feature I see in my postbit?

The savings field is from the original vbcredits you upgraded from. You can merge it into the main credits at Multiple Currency Integration in the admincp under vbcredits, or just remove it from the Postbit display at Automatic Template Edits.

How do I merge savings with with Credits?

I went to the Multiple Currency Integration... I see both Credits and Savings... but I don't know how to merge them. :confused:

I may have found the option but I want to be 100% sure before I do it.

I have 2 things showing in peoples postbits

Credits: #'s
Savings: #'s

I want to get rid of the Savings... I don't mind transfering (or merging each user's #'s) savings into Credits (which I want keep).

So do into Multiple Currency Integ > Click Savings > Transfer currency on bottom > Select Credits.

Will this option put all credits into the "Credits" thing, thus removing the "Savings" thing.

Congrats, thats exactly it :) But afterwards, you still need to click Delete next to savings on the listing page there. But thats just a confirmation click away!

Ok I went and did exactly this but here is what I get now....

Before I did this here is what showed in my postbit:

Credits: 482,543,362
Savings: 697,096

And after I did the above steps, here is what shows:

Credits: 482,543,362
Savings: 483,240,458

I wanted my savings to go into my credits... NOT my credits to go into my savings (I want to get rid of savings and just have credits)

*sigh* you should have done it the other way around, and i glossed over which one you chose.

run this query with your table prefix: UPDATE user SET credits = credits_saved

then delete the savings currency

I am not too server side savy with running queries.... help me out here... is this what I need to do?

Go to PHPMyAdmin and put that code in the query box and submit the query?

Yes, however, before you do that, go into your (forums)/includes/config.php and locat the table_prefix setting, and tell me what the value is.

Here is what I see in my config file

// ****** TABLE PREFIX ******// Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = ' ';

I think I forgot to post the image for my above reply

75619428.png

Attachments

• 75619428.png
    75619428.png
    521.5 KB · Views: 5
Okay, thats looks great. Run the query I already gave you, there, and then go back into admincp and delete the savings currency. Should then be all set.

I tried to run the query you gave me but it said, "You have to choose at least one column to display."

I'm new to this so the obvious to you isn't obvious to me :)

According to your screenshot, you tried to paste under the "Query" tab. Click the "SQL" tab, and it should give you a solitary textarea to paste into instead.

OK that worked for me :RpS_thumbup:

Ran the query and it worked and deleted the Savings currency just fine.

---

Commerce has been uninstalled and I took care of vBCredits so I'm happy with that.

When you get the chance take a look at your PM box and let me know what you think about those 2 issues I'm having:

- Unable to uninstall the products: vBC Itemtype Icon (1.3) and vBCredits with v3Aracade (1.0)

and finally 1 more question: Is there an easy way (via AdminCP) to reset everyones credit amounts to a certain number.... say 10,000? With vbookie, some users have earned huge amounts of credits and I want to reset from time to time.

Thanks!

I will continue with you on PM for vbcommerce/arcade stuff

As for the user accounts, you can manage them (and mass set them) with the Recalculate User Accounts tool in the vbcredits menu in the admincp.
But, if you have a specific amount you want to update them to, and you have many members, probably eaiser to run the query like:
Code:
UPDATE user SET credits = 10000
in the same way that we just did the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back