Status
Not open for further replies.
The flv is uploaded and valid, something is up with the display. I'll check it out. I did upload a flv and it's getting the same error, but I checked and the file did get uploaded and I was able to transfer it to my desktop and play it, so it's still a good file. Just need to figure out the display problem.

So turns out showing flv/swf files is not as easy as I thought lol.
After several frustrating hours of trying to find a free flv player I decide to build my own. So after a few frustrating hours of trying to do that, I find a tutorial on how to easily do it.
There is 1 drawback. It wont let me pass a url that doesn't have the actual file in it. So I can't pass http://www.mysite.com/forums/dbtgallery?id=10, it has to be http://www.mysite.com/galleryimages/1/1/106_12345678.flv
I'm going to hunt around on some forums and see if I can find a way around it.
So I think it'll work for now, I'll tweak on it a bit to see if I can get it better. It's running on here if you want to take a look.
I have one more bug to track down and then I'll release a new package with the player included.

I don't know if you had fixed it already or not,
But the other day I could watch the FLV-files...
I think it used my VLC (or a plugin of it, or something)

Sent from *** using Tapatalk

I don't know if you had fixed it already or not,
But the other day I could watch the FLV-files...
I think it used my VLC (or a plugin of it, or something)

I could watch a video once, but if I refreshed it would just give me a sad face box with the message that vlc player has crashed in FF. In Chrome and IE it wouldn't show anything, just an empty space. I'm not sure what the problem was though as it didn't give an error. It worked fine locally so I'm not sure what the difference is.

I could watch a video once, but if I refreshed it would just give me a sad face box with the message that vlc player has crashed in FF. In Chrome and IE it wouldn't show anything, just an empty space. I'm not sure what the problem was though as it didn't give an error. It worked fine locally so I'm not sure what the difference is.

Oh yeah, that happens to me too... Forgot about that... Sorry

I released the new package with the player, let me know if it works better. I'm not seeing the same problems as before on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.