• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So done a little leg work here... But heres where things get interesting...

If I am in Firefox or Chrome (Haven't tried Safari). I get nothing to work... If I issue a /prune command it says "You don't have permission to prune shouts.". (Chrome doesn't give me any errors at all just says, "Loading...")

However if I am in Internet Explorer, I am able to use the shout box, and able to prune and everything with the same user. (admin user).

I was able to replicate this on two of my forums, and had the same consistancy with both. (different servers, etc etc)

I'm not sure what to think about this or what to do... I do not see it being viable to ask my user base to move from Firefox/Chrome to Internet Explorer.

any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks again.

I've completed the Pro Install and I've confirmed that pruning now works as intended on your forum :)

Hello Fillip,

I still run into this problem in firefox, and chrome. Internet explorer works.

So if I am logged into the forum in Firefox, This is what I see when I /prune.

firefox-prune.PNG

Logged into Chrome looks like this (Works now)

ie-prune.PNG

And Internet explorer works (has always worked)

chrome-prune.PNG

so the only browser that is not having very good luck is Firefox.

Still running into an issue with detaching the shoutbox. It just gives me

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Maybe a .htaccess issue?

Hey Fillip,

Is there any ETA on when this support will be finished? Or is there a way that I can pay you to add this support?

I need to be able to bring up the shoutbox on external pages VIA iframe or something.

I will check my firefox settings, I do not run any crazy plugins.

Thank you for your help.

Hello Force,

I run a pretty lean and mean firefox... I do not like Addons. If I am the only person its happening too, I do not mind.

Thanks,

Is there any ETA on when this support will be finished?
Unfortunately not, vB5 is still too much in a state of flux for us to dedicate the resources needed to add the functionality.

Or is there a way that I can pay you to add this support?
You could submit a custom work request, but it would most likely not be very cheap.

I need to be able to bring up the shoutbox on external pages VIA iframe or something.
Can you not simply drop the Shoutbox module on whatever page you need it to?

Unfortunately not, vB5 is still too much in a state of flux for us to dedicate the resources needed to add the functionality.

You could submit a custom work request, but it would most likely not be very cheap.

Can you not simply drop the Shoutbox module on whatever page you need it to?

Hey Fillip,

I want to get it as clean as I can. So just the shoutbox would be awesome to have instead of having to have headers and everything.

Do you know if this is doable? IIRC on VB4, you could detatch, and it didn't have any headers or footers for the most part. How do I request this work to be done?

Thanks again,

Is it something that I can have you guys do for me as you know how the software works?

How do I ask for a quote for that following work?

Thanks,

Hello Fillip H.,

I emailed them awhile back ago

I have not heard anything back from them at all. Do you know if their mailbox is working or when I can expect to get something back?

Thanks,

=================
Hello,

I am looking for a way to bring shoutbox into wordpress. I can do like a iframe within wordpress, so not looking for "full" integration.

The requirements are I need the shoutbox to be clean, and I need for unregistered users to be able to see, but not type, Registered users on the forum can talk, and do what they need.

Can you give me a estimation on the time that this would take?

I appreciate your time on this matter and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Michael
====================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads