Status
Not open for further replies.

IMCD

Customer
Recent install of DBSEO. Under dbseo cp -> SEO Settings -> Google Analytics Settings we have Google analytics enabled and settings are configured to track external links, with External Link Clicks Format as /forums/outgoing/ ... however, on the forum, the external links are formatted as forums/redirect-to.

In Google analytics, no page views are showing for /forums/outgoing/ or /forums/redirect-to.

Thanks!

You need to disable the Anonymise External URLs setting in order to have any form of external link tracking work as intended.

I disabled Anonymise External URLs and now the redirect-to is gone but /outgoing/ is not added to the URL. Thoughts?

Have you configured the External Link Clicks Format in the Google Analytics settings in DBSEO?

Yes, it's set to /outgoing/ ... I have also tried changing "Tracking Breakdown Detail" settings and no change happens.

From looking at the code, it would seem as if that feature was not fully implemented. I will implement it in the next version :)

With vbseo, the way it used to track in GA was under site content and it treated each as a page view. Maybe there's a better way to do it now.

Events are the new way of tracking it, and from the looks of it, there's no actual reason to add /outgoing/ any more. I imagine the original purpose was to allow filtering of the report.

I think it's better if I simply remove that setting, as it no longer appears to serve any actual purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back