Question Duplicate Titles - google webmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Customer
Hi Fillip H.,

Not sure if this is something you can help out with or not, or if it has anything to do with DBSEO?

I have like 1000+ duplicate Titles in google webmaster (html improvements section).

See this attachment... cheers.

Google-Duplicate-Content.png

Sorry, not sure how I missed this. This is not DBSEO's doing, as by default vBulletin adds the page numbers to the show thread titles.

Please check that you have not modified this template.

Sorry, not sure how I missed this. This is not DBSEO's doing, as by default vBulletin adds the page numbers to the show thread titles.

Please check that you have not modified this template.

I never thought it was DBSEO :)

When you say check the showthread template, what would I be looking for...

Thanks Fillip H.

Mick

The title tag should have the pagenumber in it, you can click View History to compare it to the default vB template :)

This is what I have in my showthreads <title> tag

<title>{vb:raw thread.prefix_plain_html} {vb:raw thread.title}<vb:if condition="$pagenumber > '1'"> - {vb:rawphrase page_x, {vb:raw pagenumber}}</vb:if></title>

and this is the default

<title>{vb:raw thread.prefix_plain_html} {vb:raw thread.title}<vb:if condition="$pagenumber > '1'"> - {vb:rawphrase page_x, {vb:raw pagenumber}}</vb:if></title>

They look the same?

Yeah they are the same, there shouldn't be any duplicate titles in that case. If you browse to page 2 of a thread, does the thread title in your browser (mouse over the tab to see the full title) not have "Page 2" in it?

Yes I would say it is ok?

Prostate Cancer - Page 5

Title tags for this page are

<title> Prostate Cancer - Page 5</title>

Not quite sure where all these duplicate tags are coming from, looks like it might be the PRINT Page?

I think the template for those threads is PRINTTHREAD though I'm not 100% sure, better make sure the page variable is in there too :)

This looks promising, but this is standard vbulletin 4.2.2 templates???

Also it has not been edited!

<title>{vb:raw threadinfo.prefix_plain_html} {vb:raw threadinfo.title}</title>

Thanks Fillip H., I replaced it with the one from above :)

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings