Status
Not open for further replies.

Customer
After installing this I'm getting quote notifications (I have User Tagging installed) even though I have it marked to disable quote notifications in settings.

Sorry, Ozzy47 is currently having computer difficulties.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Um guys what kind of support is this?

I have purchased several products but just being ignored makes it seem like you want money and then forget the customer. It certainly doesn't make me want to purchase anything else or share anything positive on vbulletin.org.

I have to get the downloads product working and it isn't....

You sent the PM at 6 AM this morning, which is outside our normal support hours. Additionally, please understand that as the developer of over 25 products I potentially have a lot of support to handle on any given day - not to mention development work.

Some days we are busier than other days. Unfortunately today has been one of those days :(
While ~18 hours of wait time isn't normal, it isn't outside the realm of possibility. I hope you can understand that as a small business we cannot afford to hire a dedicated team of support agents that can answer any query within 15 minutes.

I will get to your support request as soon as I am able to.

Hopefully you can also understand how I feel as an individual when I'm up to my ears in work everywhere I turn and still people complain of slow support rate :(
I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if I complained because it took 8 days for you to send me the PM after I requested it.

Last edited:
You sent the PM at 6 AM this morning, which is outside our normal support hours. Additionally, please understand that as the developer of over 25 products I potentially have a lot of support to handle on any given day - not to mention development work.

Some days we are busier than other days. Unfortunately today has been one of those days :(
While ~18 hours of wait time isn't normal, it isn't outside the realm of possibility. I hope you can understand that as a small business we cannot afford to hire a dedicated team of support agents that can answer any query within 15 minutes.

I will get to your support request as soon as I am able to.

Hopefully you can also understand how I feel as an individual when I'm up to my ears in work everywhere I turn and still people complain of slow support rate :(
I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if I complained because it took 8 days for you to send me the PM after I requested it.

That's perfectly fine but please understand I have a large forum to run and am paying for your products which I expect to function. Each forum is different and I'm sure we will resolve this so no big deal but time is a bit of an issue as I need the downloads products working and then I have the other issues already mentioned with DBtech products here.

Me sending you a PM whenever I get to it doesn't stop you from offering support from others. You not getting to my support issue affects my board though. Only one of is getting paid for the work here so I'm under no obligation, you are.

Regardless, no big deal, let's fix it. You should have all the info you need.

When you log in you will see the navigation tab for Downloads II is activated but simply won't show. Additionally, you will see super PM's is turned off and when you turn it on quote notifications happen whether a user has them set to on or off.

As I explained to you in my original PM to you, we cannot fix problems with Downloads II. We are not the developers of that modification, we did not sell you that modification and we have no knowledge of the workings of that mod (beyond the fact that we have an importer from it to our own vBDownloads product).

That being said, I can see you do have vBDownloads installed, but it is not configured to be viewable by anyone.
Please enter Usergroup Manager, click Go next to each of the usergroups and scroll down to DragonByte Tech: vBDownloads - General Permissions. The permissions found there supersede the per-category permissions, so you need to grant at least Can View vBDownloads for the navbar tab to be displayed.

You should also configure the other permissions there for all your usergroups so that they all have the appropriate capabilities.

I will post back with an update when I have investigated the Quote Notification issue. For this purpose, I will create a test user in my own name (Fillip H.) as a "registered user" that I can test the notification settings with :)

Update: I am unable to replicate any issues with quote notifications in conjunction with vBSuperPMs. As you can see, vBSuperPMs is currently enabled.

In the usertag.php?do=profile&action=options settings, I hit "Hide Quote Alerts". I then tried to test the quoting in this thread: showthread.php?42889-Test-unsurprisingly
It did not generate a notification.

I then un-ticked "Hide Quote Alerts", as I noticed quotes were globally disabled. I then tested another quote in the same thread.
It still did not generate a notification.

Could you please provide exact steps to replicate this issue so I can try again?

As I explained to you in my original PM to you, we cannot fix problems with Downloads II. We are not the developers of that modification, we did not sell you that modification and we have no knowledge of the workings of that mod (beyond the fact that we have an importer from it to our own vBDownloads product).

That being said, I can see you do have vBDownloads installed, but it is not configured to be viewable by anyone.
Please enter Usergroup Manager, click Go next to each of the usergroups and scroll down to DragonByte Tech: vBDownloads - General Permissions. The permissions found there supersede the per-category permissions, so you need to grant at least Can View vBDownloads for the navbar tab to be displayed.

You should also configure the other permissions there for all your usergroups so that they all have the appropriate capabilities.

I will post back with an update when I have investigated the Quote Notification issue. For this purpose, I will create a test user in my own name (Fillip H.) as a "registered user" that I can test the notification settings with :)

I apologize, I should have been more specific. I'm referring to vbDownloads not DownloadsII I see how the name could be confusing. I mean your product I purchased. Heh, why would I ask for support for somebody else's product?

My mistake, let me try to set the usergroups.

The usergroup setting works, thanks so much no idea how I missed that.

Now trying to replicate the other issues, hold on.

Update: I am unable to replicate any issues with quote notifications in conjunction with vBSuperPMs. As you can see, vBSuperPMs is currently enabled.

In the usertag.php?do=profile&action=options settings, I hit "Hide Quote Alerts". I then tried to test the quoting in this thread: showthread.php?42889-Test-unsurprisingly
It did not generate a notification.

I then un-ticked "Hide Quote Alerts", as I noticed quotes were globally disabled. I then tested another quote in the same thread.
It still did not generate a notification.

Could you please provide exact steps to replicate this issue so I can try again?

Ok the product was enabled but superpm's was not? I enabled it under settings and even though I have quote notification off the notifications are coming in.

I have hide quote alerts under user tagging checked under settings.

One other issue, since installing the product reputation notifications no longer function and the setting is enabled under the admincp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok the product was enabled but superpm's was not? I enabled it under settings and even though I have quote notification off the notifications are coming in.

I have hide quote alerts under user tagging checked under settings.

One other issue, since installing the product reputation notifications no longer function and the setting is enabled under the admincp.
Okay, I'll attempt to replicate this issue on your site again tomorrow (it's currently pretty late here!)

Okay, I'll attempt to replicate this issue on your site again tomorrow (it's currently pretty late here!)

It's happening to everyone right now once the product was enabled under its settings so please let me know when you can get to it so I can disable it for now or not.

Also, once this is done I would be interested in a large amount of custom work.

This is not a bug nor is it AUT's quotes you're seeing. vBSuperPMs has a separate "Post Quote PM" feature, which was enabled on your site (before I turned it off just now).

All of our mods either add vBulletin Options or new AdminCP menu groups - I would strongly recommend familiarising yourself with each configuration option after installing a new mod :)

Ohhh so both mods have the same feature? No wonder this was driving me nuts.

Any idea why reputation notifications no longer work though?

Also, would you please PM me regarding custom work?

A user can't set whether to receive quote notifications themselves under settings though? They can with User Tagging options but not with Super Pm's?

I don't believe that is a issue with this mod, it may be a issue with another mod. I would disable all mods one by one till you find the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSuper PM's

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back