Status
Not open for further replies.

siparker

Customer
i want to change the thread urls which currently do not contain the forum names so that they do.

Is there a way to do this simply within dbseo which would 301 any old urls to new ones? or do i need to make a 301 redirect file (basically this is not an option as ive over 1m urls indexed currently.

This was a result of moving from vbseo and its crap support when i started with it so i ended up with not perfect urls

If you change the URL formats in the DBSEO Control Panel, all old links are automatically 301'd. You can test it out yourself by copying an existing forum URL, change the URL format, then paste your old URL.

You should be redirected to the new forum URL structure :)

PS: If you're changing the forum name format, I would strongly advise you to keep the [forum_id] in the format (such as [forum_id]-[forum_title] or similar).
This helps eliminate a host of problems such as a single-word forum title matching a directory on your server (a forum called "images" would not work) and duplicate forum titles (two forums with the same title would not work and would always resolve to the first forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back