Status
Not open for further replies.

maximoto

Customer
I was previously running VBSEO and recently a consultant upgraded to DBSEO. While most things appear to be decent so far some images are exact from VBSEO but some are broken. The images are there, however they just appear from threads as broken images.

http://domain.com/members/paint-it-...2014-picture190290-big-lots-croaking-toad.jpg (this image was visible prior to the upgrade and now is not)

http://domain.com/members/paint-it-...4-a-picture190290-big-lots-croaking-toad.html (The image is still in the user's album with no problem)

This leaves many many broken images throughout the forum. Not all images are broken. These images are there, but not at the right URL. What do I do?

Yes. The VBSEO configuration was imported.
So far, the URLs seem to be correct and match those that were in VBSEO, and some images show up fine but many images are broken images.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

This has now been fixed on your site and will be permanently fixed in v1.0.12 :)

Thank you. Please note that I responded to your last PM. There are still a large amount of broken images on the forum.

The images are cached in your browser, when you clear your browser cache they will display correctly.

No, there is no integration with the actual file reference in the gallery script.

Update: I've commented out the gallery rewrite rule, can you see if this works for you now?

I have heard from members including among the most popular person on the forum where many of her threads are showing the wrong images where they were fine prior to the conversion. A lot are correct, but many are showing the wrong image.
The images were linked from her photo albums. The proper image is still in her photo album, but it is showing the incorrect image. This was the case prior and after to me upgrading to the newest version of the dbseo. I can send you multiple examples of the thread, location in album and image url and other info via PM if you wish.
This is a big deal for my forum. Thanks much in advance for assistance.

Please PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account, as well as a link to an affected image + a link to the correct image.

The reason why this is happening is that your forum appears to be an upgrade from vB3 to vB4. They changed the way certain attachments were stored in the upgrade, and DBSEO currently does not take that translation into consideration.

I am working on a solution and will post back when it is available and implemented on your site.

Update: The solution has now been implemented on your site. You will need to clear your browser cache in order to see the correct images, however.

I would like to thank you very much for addressing this issue. It made a huge difference. No matter how good a product is, the support is what is even more important.

One quick question. Will I have an issue with the next version of dbseo? Was this a one-time thing or does it have to be added to the script?

On a side note: The great support has motivated me to look at more of your forum enhancements and plan to purchase more soon.

I've already added the hotfix to v1.0.14, so if you ever end up re-downloading this or future versions it will be permanently fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back