Welcome to the fourth Release Candidate version of DragonByte Shop v6.1.0
Version 6.1.0 represents a complete re-write of the product, making it more deeply integrated with XenForo 2.1, improving performance, and making bugfixes easier.
The Release Candidate label means that unless major bugs appear, the next version will be the Gold version.
Before we delve into the changes, let's get some things out of the way:
- This version requires XenForo 2.1.0. It will not install on XenForo 2.0.x.
- The "User shops" feature and surrounding item management in the front-end has been permanently removed from the add-on and will not be making a return.
- If you are still running DragonByte Credits v5.0.x, you need to disable both DragonByte Credits and DragonByte Shop before upgrading both of them to the latest versions. Not doing so will cause your site to crash until you edit the config file to disable addons from running.
- It is recommended you upgrade both this and DragonByte Credits via the new "Install from archive" feature in XenForo 2.1.0.
- Please see this post: #213 for further upgrade notes.
With that out of the way, on to the changes!
This version adds a new item type: Steal Penalty
. This item type will let you increase the penalty a would-be thief suffers if they fail to steal from the person buying an item of this type. This can go all the way up to 100%, or a configurable setting of your choice, for some really devastating effects!
A rare issue was also discovered where the "Steal" page could potentially interfere with an item's information page, if the item was named "steal".
Other minor bugs have also been resolved.