Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Customer
Interesting issue trying to set up the ability to purchase signatures that will expire.

I have the registered usergroup permissions completely configured to allow for signatures, (sizes, upload ability, etc), but have the group permissions set to no for "can use signatures".

sig1.jpg

I have an item set up to allow the "can use signatures" permission.

sigsetup.JPG

When the item is purchased, it does allow a signature but it does not display any images. When attempting to edit your signature, all the permissions for bbcode, image uploading, etc are set to no.

sig2.jpg

The only way I could find to allow a full blown signature to be purchased is to set up a secondary usergroup and configure an item to add that secondary group to the buyer. The problem is that when the item expires, the secondary group is not removed. So it's basically useless if you want the items to expire.

How can I accomplish properly configuring an expiring signature item?

Thanks

This is a conflict with the way vBulletin sets permissions, and is sadly unsolveable on my end without potentially breaking internal vBulletin functionality. However, a workaround was posted in this thread: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f67/problem-1-avatars-sigs-4452/

I can't "risk" adding it to the official release due to the fact that I don't know if this causes any ramifications somewhere.

This is a conflict with the way vBulletin sets permissions, and is sadly unsolveable on my end without potentially breaking internal vBulletin functionality. However, a workaround was posted in this thread: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f67/problem-1-avatars-sigs-4452/

I can't "risk" adding it to the official release due to the fact that I don't know if this causes any ramifications somewhere.

Ok, then how can I get a secondary signature group to expire? I do it using the vbulletin subscriptions on a 3.8 board using Dark's first store release, works perfectly. Not possible with this one?

It's not currently possible, I'll add it to a future version.

It wasn't in the current release because of the fact that it supports primary AND secondary usergroups, which leaves some issues if the primary usergroup item expired.

It's not currently possible, I'll add it to a future version.

It wasn't in the current release because of the fact that it supports primary AND secondary usergroups, which leaves some issues if the primary usergroup item expired.

OK, what about adding the ability to choose multiple permissions on an item in the shop? Instead of one item that allows a single permission, allow us to choose multiple permissions.

OR add a subscription itemtype.

If you have any feature suggestions you should post them in new threads (separate for each suggestion please), as we won't be reviewing this thread when we're choosing features for the next major update :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back