Status
Not open for further replies.

RK KINGKONG

Customer
#word and ; Twitter-style
Sends a forum notification to subscribed users

so I read and seen this now how exactly do I use this , i see a spot for it in profile settings "You have no subscribed hash tags" . theres 3 areas for it but what goes there , im new to all this so im very confused and can use specific details you know , like for DUMMIES

THANKS

profile.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hashsubscription - on that page, you can type in new words to subscribe to.

If, say, you subscribe to cats and someone then types #cats followed by ; you will receive an alert that someone has written a post that's tagged with cats :)

what are the chances of someone adding a ; to the end of the word for you to get a notification . i thought this was something like that of a word i can add like my user name #RK KINGKONG; in a thread and anyone posting there it would notify me as if it were through email... why would i subscribe to word ? and who will actually add ; to the end of a word seriously unless im just that stupid this almost seems pointless. please explain further

For the same reason people do it on Twitter :)

I have no further explanation, perhaps Cosmic can elaborate though.

yes on TWITTER I am aware they use a # ---- which ever word to create a group for people to become a part of which they can follow this group where does the ; come into play Cosmic Fillip H.

Fillip H.s explanation is correct - it's a twitter feature we added to our mod. On twitter people use it for a couple of reasons: Firstly it can be a particular topic you are interested in, say for instance it's the PS3. You could add PS3 to your subscriptions and as people get used to the mod they'd add #ps3 to their posts when discussing it.

The other way people use it is as a sort of in-group notification. For instance if all of your friends decide to follow the hashtag #winning then you can add that tag to any post/thread you want your friends to view =)

Hope that clears it up,

Cosmic

Cosmic ok that im aware of so do we have to use the simi colon at all in any instance of creating this group ? ; so do i create this #ps3 initially in my user cp or just in a post/thread or do i first create this as a thread ... im not the professional here so please bare with me / im only trying to understand the product purchased all else i do . so right now i want to go create a #XBOX360 group and a #1DAD group how do i do this ? whats the first step i take into the twilight ?/

once lets say my group is created #xbox360 how does another member subscribe to ti , do they go to their user cp and add the #xbox360 to their blank list of subscriptions ?

Last edited:
Cosmic please reply to my previous post / also Fillip H. in every thread or post i make that i want people to see whom are following i have to add the #xbox360 ? and do they get a notification like pm or not ?

Really guys im trying to answer my own questions here . im not sure if i can use a space but i am .... in my forum right now i made a thread #RK KINGKONG; I subbed to it and added it to a thread just the same way i added it to my user cp . I also had another member add the same to his subs on his user cp .. then he went and posted in that thread using #rkkingkong but i got no notification or is it only if someone uses the rk kinkong without the symbols that i get notified ............Fillip H. Cosmic

Last edited:
Dear god , if only the support would actually look over the entire post , or to eliminate this issue supply the customer a user guide not just and install text , please im not trying to be rude i want to understand the product ,,,, so now that we know how to set it up , how the other memebrs have to subscribe , we cant use spaces what exactly will give us a notification only if that word rkkingkong is used in a post or thread or does it matter if they dont add the # or the ; to that word do i still get a notification or whoever has that #RKKINGKONG in their user cp option ///

really guys this is getting annoying for the both of us , i think adding a user guide would be great , cause i feel like im bothering about something i purchased and its annoying you as much as me .. you give a quick reply but not in depth for instance you answered 1 question in my post and looked over the rest
leaves me half way there

Dear god , if only the support would actually look over the entire post , or to eliminate this issue supply the customer a user guide not just and install text , please im not trying to be rude i want to understand the product ,,,, so now that we know how to set it up , how the other memebrs have to subscribe , we cant use spaces what exactly will give us a notification only if that word rkkingkong is used in a post or thread or does it matter if they dont add the # or the ; to that word do i still get a notification or whoever has that #RKKINGKONG in their user cp option ///

really guys this is getting annoying for the both of us , i think adding a user guide would be great , cause i feel like im bothering about something i purchased and its annoying you as much as me .. you give a quick reply but not in depth for instance you answered 1 question in my post and looked over the rest
leaves me half way there

It would show when they used the # word ; syntax.

We have answered all your questions as they were asked - looking back the only thing not answered was something you edited in later (which we didn't see).

Please feel free to clearly list your questions one after the other if you think something has been missed, and we will be sure to answer them all =)

Cosmic

Cosmic

OK gentlemen after following these specific detailed instructions which did help explain everything :

Heres a breakdown:

Subscribing:

Step 1) Go to User CP > Hash Tag Subscriptions
Step 2) Enter the word to subscribe to like so:

RRKINGKONG

Do NOT add the # or ; in the subscription word box.
(It should not be case sensitive, but depending on the character set the forum is using it may be, so it's best to tell people they should do it to be on the safe side)
Step 3) Click save.

Using:

At any point in a post type in the hash tag like so #word
This will notify everyone who has that word saved in their subscription. It has to have the #RRKINGKONG - it won't work without those symbols unfortunately, they tell the system it's a hash tag.

Just to clarify, people can add any word they want to as a subscription - even if no one has used it in a hash tag yet. Then, if anyone DOES use it in a hashtag later ( #word ) They will be notified.

Using #RKKINGKONG will notify everybody who subscribed to RKKINGKONG that you typed it in a post in the similar way you are notified when someone else uses RK KINGKONG; in a post.

If you still have any questions feel free to send me a PM or post in the forum =)
heres a problem im running into to

after adding #RKKINGKONG to a post or thread for people to get the notification , it doesnt show as a link {hashtag} then ill go edit the post take out ; save wont work but then i edit it again adding the ; again and when i save then it works .... and no i dont get high LMFAO ....... SO something is wrong

Last edited:
Cosmic

OK gentlemen after following these specific detailed instructions which did help explain everything :

Heres a breakdown:

Subscribing:

Step 1) Go to User CP > Hash Tag Subscriptions
Step 2) Enter the word to subscribe to like so:

RRKINGKONG

Do NOT add the # or ; in the subscription word box.
(It should not be case sensitive, but depending on the character set the forum is using it may be, so it's best to tell people they should do it to be on the safe side)
Step 3) Click save.

Using:

At any point in a post type in the hash tag like so #word
This will notify everyone who has that word saved in their subscription. It has to have the #RRKINGKONG - it won't work without those symbols unfortunately, they tell the system it's a hash tag.

Just to clarify, people can add any word they want to as a subscription - even if no one has used it in a hash tag yet. Then, if anyone DOES use it in a hashtag later ( #word ) They will be notified.

Using #RKKINGKONG will notify everybody who subscribed to RKKINGKONG that you typed it in a post in the similar way you are notified when someone else uses RK KINGKONG; in a post.

If you still have any questions feel free to send me a PM or post in the forum =)
heres a problem im running into to

after adding #RKKINGKONG to a post or thread for people to get the notification , it doesnt show as a link {hashtag} then ill go edit the post take out ; save wont work but then i edit it again adding the ; again and when i save then it works .... and no i dont get high LMFAO ....... SO something is wrong

Just to clarify that we're on the same page. When you enter # word ; it doesn't become a hash tag, but if you edit the post by deleting the ; then edit again re-adding it, it shows up?

Fillip H. will probably have more detailed instructions, but it sounds like a mod conflict - i would recommend disabling every mod temporarily, and test it, then re-enabling them one by one until you find the culprit.

Cosmic

You guys should really add a guide to your mods. This will save a lot of headache. I disabled this hashtags, just for this reason. Why should we have to ask for an explanation on how to use a mod? Honestly!

Guides are currently in the works, they are just trying to work out the time to get them written and added.

Well to be honest, once a mod is released, the members use the mod and give feedback to DBTech and they add stuff to it and remove some stuff, so the documentation would change alot in the begining stages of the product.

Also users come here for support and get it asap with any questions they have on the products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back