Question Post-installation questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozboy74

Customer
Yeah nah, I'm lost. Can't seem to get the API to work, and not sure this tagging mod is what I thought it was. I was hoping to be able to tag the threads and posts but for some reason it's not working for me - can only tag other users?

A tutorial or example someplace would be great?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention "the API". There is no API in this add-on.

The user tagging mod exists to bring @ mentions features similar to what XenForo has natively when I use @ozboy74 in a post.

The addon also has support for hash tags, where you can type something like #test into a post and it'll become a link so users can find other posts using the same hash tag (Twitter style).

Yep, thanks for your help Fillip.

just a quick question, how would one go about upgrading to either vb5, and xenforo in a way where I could bring my database and members over? is that possible to do with v4.2.5 > xenforo? would you guys be able to do the install and how much would it be?

You should under no circumstances move to vB5, it's not a good platform.

For converting to XenForo I recommend this person: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...f2-vbulletin-big-boards-custom-imports.55328/ - they are a moderator over @ XenForo.com and they have extensive experience importing from vB to XF :)

If you do decide to make the conversion, I would be happy to exchange your AUT license for the XenForo equivalent (the product page can be found here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-user-tagging.378/ )

That would be fantastic Fillip.

Thanks for being so patient with me, I don't have a lot of experience with the technical side of the board, but own and run it now for over a decade (2006) ... never really had to fix anything.

I've heard a lot of people - including the guys here - speak highly of xenforo and I think I'm definitely interested in making the upgrade/change to that platform. Just not sure where to start, and want to make sure my existing friends and members come along.

Last edited:
Awesome, so how should I proceed Fillip, should I contact Slavic now (don't think I have access to him yet) even after I registered there just a few minutes ago.

Or wait until I get XenForo up and running first? Is there anything you need me to do?

I believe you would need to purchase XenForo and install it in a separate directory on your site before you would be able to contact him - they have a system for associating your XF license with your forum user name in their customer area.

Nothing needs to be done on my end yet :)

Hey Fillip, just had a question about the Auto Discussion Thread Creator, mod?

So does this mod let you display a new icon (for example have a small flashing "new" .gif) appear beside any new threads that are made on the forum? ...and does it switch back to a different .gif or .png/icon (standard post icon) after a certain amount of time? or you still have to do that manually?

Hello @ozboy74,

We hope your ticket regarding Advanced User Tagging has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Yep, no worries. can't seem to set up the galleries at all, and the tagging system isn't really what I was looking for, assumed it was totally different. so yeah. nevermind.

thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings