Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be able to achieve it by customising dbtech_vbslider_static heavily, but unfortunately that's not something we're able to assist with since it's a very complex modification to the existing product.

Hopefully your skin dev can help with it though :)

Well if anyone out there thinks they can take something like this on, hit me up. I am the skin dev on our site and it's pretty much put together with duct tape and bubble gum.

How on earth does this work?

I see (var1) (var2) (var3) etc, but what do each of those "var" things stand for? How do I find out?

This feature needs more (or easier to find) documentation.

The readme file, the docs page, nor the mod itself provide any clear instructions on how to create custom templates, what the variables stand for, or how to set them if they don't stand for anything, etc.

Last edited:
Did you read the first post in this thread? It provides a sample code and image showing what the code looks like when rendered. Unfortunately with the way it is currently set up, you have to know how to code in HTML in order to build a custom template.

Yes I did. And in your code, you have {var1} {var2} {var3}

What do each of those mean, and/or how do you SET what those mean?

What if you create a template with 10 variables as per that setting (instead of 5). Now what do the extra 5 do and how do you use all those variables and/or determine what they render to.

The example and the interface are both so vague it's hard to understand how it works.

I know how to code HTML, if that helps. But I don't know how to use these variables in your templates.

When you create a custom template via the plugin, it asks about how many variables you want to have. If you say 10 during that creation, then 10 will be available. Once inside the template editor, you can define what each of those variables are.

Once inside the template editor, you can define what each of those variables are.

How do you define them? What do you enter into the boxes?

Are we supposed to input vbulletin conditionals? Are we supposed to input arbitrary text?

Please explain.

All of the "variables" have nothing but a "title" field, it doesn't say what to put in there or how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back