Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Customer
Had a member contact me tonight asking where all of their credits went. This is the second member to ask me this in the last month.

I looked at their transactions and there is nothing to indicate why they were completely wiped out of currency. I have no idea why this happened.

Attempted to re-calc but it never works as expected and I just end up giving them an arbitrary amount.

Is there a reason this is occurring or a fix I can apply?

You may want to check the shop log, do you have stealing enabled?

The user with the issue last evening has no shop transactions. Stealing is not enabled.....can't have members stealing currency that others pay for with real money......

Unfortunately, having no logs or errors, as well as being unable to reproduce it, makes it difficult to determine what caused it.

Fortunately, I am wrapping up a (long overdue) update to vbcredits for release at the end of the week which fixes tons of bugs, which might take care of this and your recounting issues.
I'll leave this open so you can assess the update later, unless something happens that you think will be helpful :)

Unfortunately, having no logs or errors, as well as being unable to reproduce it, makes it difficult to determine what caused it.

Fortunately, I am wrapping up a (long overdue) update to vbcredits for release at the end of the week which fixes tons of bugs, which might take care of this and your recounting issues.
I'll leave this open so you can assess the update later, unless something happens that you think will be helpful :)

Thanks Dark, I will follow up later and hope this doesn't become more common.

Heya Dark,

It just happened to the same member. After I asked if they did anything out of the ordinary, here is their response:

not a problem.
I will keep a look out for it to return and will keep that tally.
I have not donated, bought more, or bought anything in the forum shop, so I dont think there are any problems there.
It simply was there one day and the next, poof, it was no more.
It is very strange.
If I remember right, I had like 34-37 gold or so and it was gone maybe a day after not logging in, if that helps.

Looking forward to that upgrade. :)

Aha, that sounds like you have a negation set for your Activity action - which means they are penalized for being INactive :) in which case that is intended behavior and if you wish to stop that, just set 0 for the Negation Amount on your Activity event.

Furthermore (though again it doesnt sound like a bug anymore), vBCredits v2.1.0 is all set and will be available tonight!

Aha, that sounds like you have a negation set for your Activity action - which means they are penalized for being INactive :) in which case that is intended behavior and if you wish to stop that, just set 0 for the Negation Amount on your Activity event.

Furthermore (though again it doesnt sound like a bug anymore), vBCredits v2.1.0 is all set and will be available tonight!

Thanks for the response Dark, but it is set to 0. I could screenshot it for you but I don't see a point with the new version coming out. Is there a list of improvements/changes listed anywhere for the new version yet?

Last edited:
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you on your issue. Tonight I've released a very-long-overdue update to vBCredits which contains dozens of bug fixes and improvements.
Can you please upgrade to the new v2.1.0 and let me know if your issue still persists? We can work from there now that all of the patches etc are up to date. Thanks!
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f77/vbcredits-ii-deluxe-v2-1-0-released-9187/

I upgraded today after backing up my DB. I transferred the files and imported the xml with overwrite enabled.

I can no longer transfer/donate to anyone. I click on the currency amount, there are two options in the little pop up, "transfer" and "purchase". When I select transfer, I get an error "The currency is not allowed to transfer like that". In the readme it states that a transfer is for moving credits between your own accounts ......I don't even have transfer enabled as an event. Donate is enabled but does not appear in the pop up as an option. I need to get this fixed.

I also just received a DB error:

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.11:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT * FROM credits_pending WHERE checkstamp <= 1349020326 AND userid = 318 ORDER BY checkstamp ASC LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error : Table 'pirate.credits_pending' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Request Date : Sunday, September 30th 2012 @ 11:52:06 AM
Error Date : Sunday, September 30th 2012 @ 11:52:06 AM
Script : http://xxxxxxxxx.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post
Referrer : http://xxxxxxxxx.com/forums/search.php?searchid=158917
IP Address : 24.0.4.134
Username : Blake
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version :

I'm not sure if there will be other things wrong yet but I will update this thread if/when I find them.

Help please.

The database error occurred between you uploading the files and importing the produce. As long as you actually imported the product and that error hasnt happened since importing the product, then you can safely disregard that error.

As for the popup: "Transfer" and "Donate" are, for the currency popup only, merged into "Transfer" for 2.1.0 as that is more easily understood than simply listing your username previously. When Transfer is selected, the system will determine if the Transfer (yourself) or Donate (others) event is used, based on who the target user is in relation to you. So it sounds to me like you selected Transfer from the currency popup, to yourself, which translated to the Transfer event internally that you didnt enable, hence the error. If you choose to Transfer to someone else, it should work fine.

Admittedly, I made this change to benefit the end users and not the admin, as I realize now that the event names will probably make this confusing as youve just encountered :D plus i didnt revise the readme and i should have.

The database error occurred between you uploading the files and importing the produce. As long as you actually imported the product and that error hasnt happened since importing the product, then you can safely disregard that error.

As for the popup: "Transfer" and "Donate" are, for the currency popup only, merged into "Transfer" for 2.1.0 as that is more easily understood than simply listing your username previously. When Transfer is selected, the system will determine if the Transfer (yourself) or Donate (others) event is used, based on who the target user is in relation to you. So it sounds to me like you selected Transfer from the currency popup, to yourself, which translated to the Transfer event internally that you didnt enable, hence the error. If you choose to Transfer to someone else, it should work fine.

Admittedly, I made this change to benefit the end users and not the admin, as I realize now that the event names will probably make this confusing as youve just encountered :D plus i didnt revise the readme and i should have.

Alright, so why is it when I pick another member to transfer to I see that error? Do I need to enable the transfer event? I'm confused!

Thanks for answering.

When user selects "Transfer" from the dropdown:
if the person they are Transferring to is themselves, then the Transfer event is used
if the person they are Transferring to is someone else, then the Donate event is used

this might be easier if you PM me an admin login with vbcredits access for me to check your settings and tell you specifically whats wrong.

When user selects "Transfer" from the dropdown:
if the person they are Transferring to is themselves, then the Transfer event is used
if the person they are Transferring to is someone else, then the Donate event is used

this might be easier if you PM me an admin login with vbcredits access for me to check your settings and tell you specifically whats wrong.

Please let me know when you're done so I can log back in.

Thanks!

Your problem appears to be caused from having several edited vbcredits templates which should be reverted to pick up the new 2.1.0 versions.

If that resolves your issue (keeping in mind my explanations so far) then you can have your login back :)

Your problem appears to be caused from having several edited vbcredits templates which should be reverted to pick up the new 2.1.0 versions.

If that resolves your issue (keeping in mind my explanations so far) then you can have your login back :)

I have no notifications for vbcredits templates needing to be reverted. Would you happen to know which ones I need to try and figure out?

From my experience, vb's notifications for template updates only apply to vbulletin's templates, not those of addons.

If you expand the template group for vbcredits in your only enabled style you will see the ones that are edited are written with red instead of black text.

if you want me to be specific ill log back into your site to get the titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back