Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Chakery

Customer
Hello,

I upgraded my vboptimise from 2.3 to 2.5 ...

then I decided to use the CDN ...when I added my CDN using the pull zone type ... it just broke some images of my forum ...

all images are like :

Code:
http://domain.com/cache/cdn.domain.com/images/styles/bgear/style/image.gif
instead of
Code:
http://cdn.domain.com/images/styles/bgear/style/image.gif

please help .. all of my website is kind of down...

Sorry, I can't help without more information. You've not told me anything regarding what CDN you're trying to use, or what configuration you used when setting up the CDN.

Please provide all the necessary info for me to be able to help you :)

thanks for the reply,

I am using MaxCDN .. I have always used this CDN using Relevant Replacements and vBSEO CDN feature ,

I am using pull zone and I have set a CNAME for my CDN .. like static.domain.com...

you can see this issue here : MMADirt Community

That's not enough information. Please run me through step by step how you configured vB Optimise to integrate with MaxCDN :)

ok First I made my CDN ready ( I created the pull zode , then created a CNAME for it)

when it was ready I selected the Origin Pull and clicked continue ... then I entered my CNAME and clicked next ...

Then I selected my Style (not a default one) and then Clicked on Sync...

Then most of my images (generally related to my skin) broke ...

cause no one of others suit my CAN ...

I always USE Pull zones .. like vBSEO CDN plugin...

are you familiar with MaxCDN ? do you have any special settings for it ?

Can you please PM me with an AdminCP account for your forum that can access vB Optimise? If so, I'll look into this :)

I took care of it :)

I deleted the CDN integration, set it up again with MMADirt | All the dirt on Mixed Martial Arts as the Origin Pull URL, added
Code:
images/urdirt
images/styles/bgear
to the "Manage Assigned Folders" bit, turned "CSS as files" off, resynced with CDN, refreshed a couple times, switched "CSS as files" on again, resynced with CDN, and now everything works :)

thanks a million ...

but two things :

The reason that I wasn't using CSS as files was a plugin called CombineIT .. it combines all CSS files into one file and then minify it and serves it into a file ...
it does the same for JS files

so is there any way to only serve image files using the CDN ?

It would be great if you add combineIT to vboptimize ... it really rocks ...

and would you please tell me if you have any plans to create something similar for XenForo ?

thank you

Sorry, CombineIT was the cause of your issues, I forgot to mention I disabled that mod. vB Optimise will not work with it enabled, and it breaks a bunch of other features across your site as well - it's a really poor concept :(

Sorry, CombineIT was the cause of your issues, I forgot to mention I disabled that mod. vB Optimise will not work with it enabled, and it breaks a bunch of other features across your site as well - it's a really poor concept :(
Really ?

Its strange cause I am using combineit on my other website with vboptimize ...

the confiliction is about the CSS or Js files ?
oh .. and I forgot to say that I don't use the vboptimise CDN feature there ...

you mean vboptimise won't work at all ? (no functioning ?)

Thank you

Sorry, I should have specified; I meant the CDN feature, that feature won't work with CombineIT or any other mod that moves / changes JS (moving / changing JS is very very bad and will frequently break features, not only CDN).

Well ... I have had so much problems with CombineIT since its a very un-stable product ... finally I found some ways it work properly ....

I can share them with you if you are interested...

to serve the combineit files we should edit the combine-it php file .. no other CDN plugin or even relevant replacements will work ...

but the editor's CSS won't work for sure which is bad for Dark templates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back