Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeSie

I'm getting this when trying to move some currency from credits to credits_saved..
I'm doing it by clicking the Currency link in the navbar and clicking on Savings...

Go to the event manager and at the bottom select to create a donate event. On the form just pick the currency you want, and save it (you can tweak it later for more powerful effects if desired, but thats all thats needed to enable it). Repeat for any additional currencies. If you want to enable transferring between currencies with yourself, do the same process except using the Transfer event.

Well I created an event.. It said the same thing when transferring (donate worked though).. But the thing is.. it subtracted the credits from my current holding but didn't add them to the holding I wanted..

Furthermore I noticed some other bugs..
When donating 10 credits it subtracts 20 and sends 20 to the receiver.. How come? {Wait I had put the "Currency Amount" to 1, but it said it was a multiplier, and usually when you multiply by 1 you get the same number xD.. Maybe fix it so it is either a real multiplier or call it something like "Addition"}
Whenever I post in a thread or make a new thread I earn the credits for doing so but it subtracts them like a minute after..
Some users gain the activity credits.. but they get subtracted again.. how come?

Last edited:
That all sounds pretty bizarre :D Do you mind contacting me on IM so i can look through your settings and explain anything you are unsure about?

Did you try what i explained in my first response in this thread? Otherwise send me a PM with an admin login and I will check your settings :)

Last edited:
CheeSie - apply the update from this friday (1.1.0) and see if that improves it for you.

Everyone else, who are just posting in this thread without reading my previous response, here it is :) :

Go to the event manager and at the bottom select to create a donate event. On the form just pick the currency you want, and save it (you can tweak it later for more powerful effects if desired, but thats all thats needed to enable it). Repeat for any additional currencies. If you want to enable transferring between currencies with yourself, do the same process except using the Transfer event.

Transfers

I'm trying to configure the transfer currency on my site, but I'm coming across issues.

Everything I do seems to add to both the Points for vbActivity and the Credits. This seems to work either way I send it... :(

What events settings would I need to set to make it so that I can transfer from my points to my credits at a rate of 1 credit = 10 activity points, and vice versa (10 activity points = 1 credit)?

Thanks for the help with this, liking what's in it so far, just need to configure it all properly... :)

I'll tag this thread so Fillip H. and Darkwaltz4 have a look at it and give you some advice on the best set up for VBA&VBC

Sounds like you imported the vBActitiy points as a vBCredits currency. In that case, you still have to go to vBActivity's Points Settings and put 0 for all the Points values (it doesn't know vBCredits will be handling the earning from then on).

As for converting 10 activity points to 1 credit, relative values are a pro feature only; once that is set the conversion will happen automatically as you transfer between currencies either with yourself or others.

Hmm, now I'm not sure. How does vBCredits take over adding points for a persons activity? Do I need to add each event in to the system identical to vBActivity?

Edit: Ok, I'll write more of what I'm doing, just in case I've not provided enough information.

I want to be able to pass the points from vbActivity into the Credits system so I can use it in TT and the Shop. If I can't set up a curreny ratio in Lite, I'll adjust the figures accordingly.

I want vbActivity to still show when people accumulate their points, which won't happen (I assume) if vBCredits takes over counting the points.

If I'm to set up the transfer correctly, do I need to set up it one way in Points and one way in Credits, or can I do it through one setup?

Last edited:
Actually, this discussion has led me and Fillip H. to realize that vbactivity needs a patch in order for this situation to make sense. He has since been given a task to put that in for me. In the meantime, you can really only set up events that use actions that vbactivity doesnt already utilize after you import the vbactivity currency into vbcredits. The relative value between currencies is still a pro feature though!

Ok, but I don't think I'm still on the right page.

How things are setup at the moment in vBCredits and vbActivity is as follows:

I've got the Points listed as a currency. The only event I've set up for vbActivity is the transfer (mentioned in the OP). vBCredits is running some cash on most of the standard items. vbActivity is running it's system independent, in as much as the regular settings are there, but not duplicated within vBCredits.

Currently I've got vBCredits set to not showing to the regular users atm.

That being the case, is vBCredits adding points into vbActivity, or is vbActivity sorting it out on it's own?

Right now you have two currencies, one for each product. Even though you have activity points imported into vbc, that wont stop it from working correctly in vba. vbc will save transfers to vba points, and vba will be able to see it. However vba will still be increasing the vba points according to its settings, and vbc will be increasing the vbc credits according to its events.

Ok, that's what I'm wanting atm. I'll work on getting the transfer setting working fine, and then I can open it to the users. :) Thanks for the helps. Noobies like me can be a pain :)

Noobie back...

Still can't get it configured correctly. I want to transfer from what currency to the next, just like here at DBT.com.

Do I need an event for both currencies? What should the Transfer amount be? What should the Currency Amount be? And what should the Affected Recipient be? Everything I've tried either creates the OP problem, or more often, says they've not been configured for transfer. :(

You need to create a Transfer event for each currency. You can leave the Transfer Amount, Currency Amount as 0 (only needs to change if you want to charge fees) and ignore Affected Recipient (only matters if you want to charge fees). If you are trying to send one currency to someone else's different currency, you need to do the same thing, except with Donate events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back