Status
Not open for further replies.

cby

Customer
Hiya,

The Pro install works nicely, thank you.
We're experincing one hitch, though: We created a test instance in order to test existing album import. And no matter what we do, it keeps pointing to the default gallery.

Expected Result: Defined Testgallery resolves to Testgallery, not DBTEch Main Gallery

Steps:

• CP> DBTech-Gallery>Instance Management> Add Instance>Experiments(Default= No, Navlink = yes, page title testgallery, admins and mods can see/use it)
  • CP> DBTech-Gallery>Category Management>Add Category> test1, and so on, (admins and mods can see the cats)
  • Main page - Testgallery button is visible on header for mods and admin
  • CP> DBTect-Gallery> Gallery Import>Into Experiments>Import Successful
  • Clicking icon for testgallery on forum page resolves to DB tech gallery

Actual result being it resolves wrong? Or?

// I created a third instance - New, with one cat. On forum display, I get a "Missing file. Go Back."

Also . my css question/malapropos from the Lite test-drive.
Do I move that here?

thx :)

C

Last edited:
I don't understand what you're looking to do. Are you trying to make the main "Gallery" link in your navbar go to the new instance you created?

Also . my css question/malapropos from the Lite test-drive.
Sorry, I don't know what "malapropos" means. Can you please clarify?

I also think there is a bug somehwere:

No matter where I am in the forums - my page will always show as the testgalelry page, not the forum page.
I don't mean that the page resolves to the testgallery, I mean that the testgallery shows as the active forum page on the forum, and that can be confusing to my users.

//Clarification:

Expected result: Clicking Sosialt on page will highlight Sosialt whilst browsing the forums
Actual result: Forum page loads on Sosialt-click, but focus remains on Testgallery

testgalleryproblem.jpg

This happens with and without skins.
I've also disabled the skins before I turned them on again.
Same result - using any other gallery than main seems to be borked.
In Opera, MSIE and FF

So - as I paid for the install, what's the response-time on troubleshooting?

Last edited:
I think I solved it.
I do, however consider this a bug:

The names were inconsistent - there was a typo.
This meant that no error message was spewed out, it just didn't resolve right.
However - I also think that a name doesn't necessarily equate what goes on to the navigation links, so if you have a buglist, put it on the "medium important"-fixlist somwhere?
Thx :)

issuejpg.jpg

But right now they don't - and it still works.
Ok - semantics (flisespikking) I'll keep an eye out.

One last question:

I will need to translate the gallery (and my other purchase) to Norwegian. I'd be happy to share, but after being lambasted for posting and/or asking questions in the wrong forums at vBulletin, is it ok to ask for guidelines in the Translation forum, or do I need to do that elsewhere?
Just want to make sure : )

The translations forum is only for actual submitted translations. We don't have any active translators so I'm not sure if you'd get much help anywho, but do you have any particular questions regarding translating the mod?

No, just if there are any do's, dont's or preferences.
I have translated before, so it's more of a "ask if there are any issues I should be aware of" before I start and/or share :)

To be honest, I've never translated any vB phrases myself, so I couldn't really say :(

Status
Not open for further replies.