Status
Not open for further replies.

cby

Customer
Hiya,

I think I am doing something wrong - I can get albums, but no images to show on my site.
Here are my steps:

• Followed instructions in readme.txt
  • Defined a new gallery/Instance - test/testgallery
  • Defined a catchall category - All
  • Set new instance to active with relevant parameters. New instance shows in nav-menu
  • Import Gallery - Select instance, I went with the defined Test, and imported everything into defined category
  • Import message shows successful
  • Gallery and forumblock show a plethora of missing images
  • I tried rebuilding the thumbnails see if that would help, but after that the images just disappeared.

//Edit to add: I've randomly seen this pop up on my site: Warning: Only variables should be assigned by reference in ..../album.php on line 1871 - couldn't pinpoint, assumed it had to do with images/missing categories or something.

I'm currently trying Lite with a view to purchase, and even though I think it suits my needs perfectly, I'd like to see my Lite install working before I trot out my credit card.

In addition - how do I set a custom style for image backgrounds? I am not big on the blue frame/white bg one.

Ta muchly :)

C

Last edited:
Can you check the file permissions on the /dbtech/gallery/images/upload and its subdirectory, to make sure they're writeable?

//Edit to add: I've randomly seen this pop up on my site: Warning: Only variables should be assigned by reference in ..../album.php on line 1871 - couldn't pinpoint, assumed it had to do with images/missing categories or something.
Have you renamed the Gallery file? That file name appears to be from the default vB gallery, not this mod.

In addition - how do I set a custom style for image backgrounds? I am not big on the blue frame/white bg one.
Could you post a screenshot of what you're referring to, so I know I'm checking the correct CSS?

Last edited:
They're set to 755 - I'll see if 777 helps.
But isn't that a security issue?

border.jpg - sorry about the big, went for substance over style ;-)

hmm - I haven't seen the error message before - maybe something went poof! on the skin.
It's no big - everything else still seems to work, just figured it'd be useful to add, just in case.

No, that didn't do much - the folders get generated on the server, but they stay empty

//Edit to add - can I delete the folders under Upload? Because those weren't updated at all.

Steps:

* FTP>CHMOD>755 to 777 on /dbtech/gallery/images/upload
* CP>Gallery Import>Test/all/delete on import=Yes
// I mean: Delete Previous Attempt?
Selecting Yes will clean up the database of any previous import attempt.
* Run import > success
* check as admin and normal user - nada.

Last edited:
Also - I am not seeing gallery integration on my "normal" user, or the admin, it's still vbFlavoured, unless i am missing something?

//

I tried uploading again - and nothing seemed to get written to the DbGallery.

I uninstalled and removed everything from the server - bar the product xml, which I couldn't find.
If I order an install - could we flip it, so I'd be installing myself using either a year or lifetime-version (the site will be in beta for a year) of the gallery, but I'd share my screen and whomever could just keep an eye on what I was doing/we could troubleshoot together?
I'm sure I could relinquish my screen too, in case there was an issue.

Last edited:
As the Pro Install has now been completed, can you please verify whether the issues you've reported still exist?

Not quite - but thanks for asking - I posted in the pro forum.
I am trawling the forums to see if I can solve it myself.

I did find a response to my CSS - question - This - is what i was looking for :)

So... for all intents and purposes this can be closed, and we can talk about the remaining issue in the Pro forum.
I am very happy with the bits that DO work, though, I have to say that :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings