Question Mass import of images not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnissen

I'm still trying out the free version to see if this will work for my site. I tried to use the mass import tool from the ACP. I have all my images in the directory indicated and proceed to assign it to a Gallery I setup. I use the userID (#) and then select the album and such. The import process starts but hangs. It loads about 25 images and just sits there doing nothing. I enabled errors in my php.ini but I did not reboot my server. Do I need to first reboot for those settings to take place or is it interactive (*live)?

I verified there are no zero byte images in the directory and not sure where to point at for logs or help. Capture.JPG

Restarted Apache.

Now getting this error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2272 bytes) in /*****/*****/*****/*****/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 905

I did find several errors previously when it was reading in some of the files. The files were named oddly and was causing the names to be dropped. I fixed those files and now the above is the only notice I see when importing. 25 files or so did come in OK but now this is the hang message.

Any insight please?

Your PHP is set up to allow only 32 MB of memory, this is not enough. Please edit your php.ini file and set memory_limit = 256M then restart Apache.

I adjusted the timeout as well as the memory limit and that allowed me to import the images. If I ran the script 7-8 times and it partially worked does that mean I now have 7-8 copies of the same image?

I don’t know, but your best bet would be to uninstall the mod, erase the uploaded files, then reupload and reinstall the mod and redo the import.

Which directory is used for the images that make up the gallery? Im specifcally calling your comment "erase the uploaded files". I don't want to eliminate all the source images. Only eliminate the duplicates.

Delete the /dbtech/gallery directory after uninstalling the mod, then reupload / reinstall as you did when installing it in the first place.

I verified and only about 100 images were duplicated. I will attempt to remove them manually. Any tools or scripts available to scrub the images to remove duplicates?

Hello @jnissen,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Gallery has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating