I would like to offer a public apology to dbtech. I am not so technically inclined like all you guys, and sometimes I jump to conclusions too fast. I am also having a hard time in life being patient. Whatever I said here before, believe me, I am a very dedicated customer to dbtech. Most of their products I can never be without, and I will continue to support them for sure!
I have tried my utmost best in building my forum with the little knowledge I have, and I know I have failed in so many aspects of coding, etc. But I will fight on, and battle through all this code. But know this. I will not give up, and I will not stop using dbtech's products! So....please forgive me! I know.....

I would like to offer a public apology to dbtech. I am not so technically inclined like all you guys, and sometimes I jump to conclusions too fast. I am also having a hard time in life being patient. Whatever I said here before, believe me, I am a very dedicated customer to dbtech. Most of their products I can never be without, and I will continue to support them for sure!
I have tried my utmost best in building my forum with the little knowledge I have, and I know I have failed in so many aspects of coding, etc. But I will fight on, and battle through all this code. But know this. I will not give up, and I will not stop using dbtech's products! So....please forgive me! I know.....

No problem Taurus, it happens to all of us.

There have been some really good suggestions throughout the thread for ways to speed up/improve your site - i'd say start with those changes. If you're still having issues feel free to start a thread in the Off Topic area with your server specifications, your concurrent user count etc and what the problems are and we'll be happy to give you our input as well :)

Cosmic

Just to chime in, My stats are:
Threads: 186,730, Posts: 1,505,021, Members: 689,295
Currently Active Users: 605 (127 members and 478 guests)

Now my board is not the biggest or the busiest out of many, but I do consider it still a big board.

I am currently running User tagging, post thanks, triple triad, user status and moods, vbcredits with out any server load problems. They are all really great plugins.

I own vboptimise, but I have had that disabled for several months as I had a problem with it slowing down the initial page load (I didn't have time to look into it, so it will stay disabled until then) but it is probably something on my server, as I know it works really well for many other sites. And I have vbshout, but that is also disabled currently as its causing a white page issue, and i'll look into that when I get time too, probably something wrong on my site/server as it works everywhere else too.

One tip, try out the lite versions first to see how it reacts with your site/server, and if over a week it does not cause any load issues then you can upgrade to the pro versions :)

I usually just go straight for the pro version tho as I have a lot of respect for dbtech and their mods.

Back