Vbulletin 6 mods?

With the changes in VB6 and the company pushing hard on the "extensive 3rd party developer community", have you guys given any thought into looking into the changes they made and potentially updating some of the classics from vb4 to 6 or starting active development for their systems again? I held on to VB4 as long as I could but the security issues with old php have forced me onto 5. Tried Xenforo and it feels so under-developed and clunky in comparison. Hoping to see you guys support 6.

While I'm loath to say never, I can say that it's extremely unlikely there will ever be any addons for vB6. I don't care what they've done in the backend to improve things for 3rd party developers, even if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread it still doesn't change the fact that issues I reported 11 years ago that would have improved things for 3rd party developers never got fixed.

Also the new version is a disgrace, they can't even get basic avatar functionality right. This is a screenshot taken from forum.vbulletin.com just now:
1693834883052.png

Notice how in the little list, every avatar is slightly out of alignment? Not even mentioning the obvious.

Probably also slightly difficult to have an "extensive 3rd party developer community" when their own addon website doesn't have a category for vB6 not to mention it still being stuck on vB 3.8.

Suffice to say, the amount of money that would compel me to even look at the code for vB6 is beyond the reach of most forum admins.

While I'm loath to say never, I can say that it's extremely unlikely there will ever be any addons for vB6. I don't care what they've done in the backend to improve things for 3rd party developers, even if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread it still doesn't change the fact that issues I reported 11 years ago that would have improved things for 3rd party developers never got fixed.

Also the new version is a disgrace, they can't even get basic avatar functionality right. This is a screenshot taken from forum.vbulletin.com just now:
View attachment 10355

Notice how in the little list, every avatar is slightly out of alignment? Not even mentioning the obvious.

Probably also slightly difficult to have an "extensive 3rd party developer community" when their own addon website doesn't have a category for vB6 not to mention it still being stuck on vB 3.8.

Suffice to say, the amount of money that would compel me to even look at the code for vB6 is beyond the reach of most forum admins.
Wow that's absolutely abysmal.. I have been using VB for over a decade so it sucks having to migrate to a new system from what I know. In light of the fact that VB no longer offers lifetime updates for the forum software anymore like they did for 4 and 5, they are no different in cost from XF so I guess I will just switch to that. Thanks for the info and response!

Hello
dragonbyte will not update any mods for Vbulletin 6 ?

we bought last month license.

please provide us ur support ,

Back