Question Sitemaps Not Listed In Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

highlander

Customer
I have been recently becoming familiar with Google Webmaster tools and have noticed that my forum did not have a sitemap registered. I assumed this was mostly just some kind of synchcronization issue or reporting flaw so I registered the sitmap index manually in order to get the full set of reporting in Google Webmaster. To my surprise, number of sessions in Google Analytics went up from 5200 hits a day to 6800 hits a day within two days after being constant for months. Why would this be? Since our sitemap is supposed to be automatically sent in to Google (among others) every day, I'm curious about the reason for this anomaly. It appears like there are increased hits from Google in other countries, though I'm not sure if that is a coincidence.

Should we be manually registering/submitting our sitemaps to the each of the search engines? Also, for something like Yandex or Bandu - should we do the same since they aren't listed as one of the places the maps are automatically submitted to?

Submitting sitemaps via DBSEO does not automatically add them to your GWT interface. It's possible that manually submitting sitemaps to Google puts a higher priority on crawling, since they want to give the indication that they are doing everything to work for you.

You can also manually submit it to Bing via the Bing Webmaster Tools, if you would like to monitor the performance there as well.

Once submitted, you'll find that it will resubmit automatically as per the settings in your DBSEO CP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back