Status
Not open for further replies.

janslu

Customer
I have a weird problem with sitemap submission. It generates well, the files are all there when I come to the office, but each day google webmaster tools greet me with an error "sitemap does not contain any URLs". The error dissappears when I resubmit. I think this may be caused by my configuration - I have two apache servers behind a single nginx instance. It takes up to 90 seconds to sync the content of folders between the servers and I can imagine a scenario where the sitemap is generated on one server but is not yet synced to the second one, when submission to google happens and if they request the file within 90 seconds - they may get a file not found error.

Therefore I need to ask - is it possible to delay the new sitemap submission by 2 - 3 minutes after it's creation? On a general note - should I restrict cronjobs to one of the servers? How should I approach this?

Is there no way you can make it so that certain URLs (i.e. domain.com/dbseositemap.php) are always resolved on the server that generated the sitemap, instead of randomly passed off to the server that's out of sync?

I've changed my nginx config and modified scheduled jobs to be ran by cron on one server and I'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back