Status
Not open for further replies.

KristerSwe

Customer
On vBSignature home is still show the old default signature. i have click save and
assign the new one. athe new work as assigned but every time i go back to Sig Home
is still showing the old default one .. in Current Signature Configuration

defaultone.png

I have clean cache and test with different browsers. also repair cache in vBSig itself ...
also clear system cache ... nothing helps hm

Still show the deafult one ,

So what you mean is that if you create a sig, save it, then make changes to it, the first sig you saved will still show up if you reload the page until you click save again?

whatever i do is always show the the default one ... have never show the new city sig at all . doesnt matter what i change. or save from new City Signature ..

Sorry I don't know what you mean by "default one". Could you please answer whether the scenario in my previous post is correct?

Sorry , try to explain the best i can ;) default one i mean the signature from default installation (original package)
as you see on the screen above. have not show anything from new set (City) on vBSignature Home ...

When i click inventory or buy new signature parts its showing up again. just on vBsignature.php home is not show city signature(old default one as in pic above)

There is no default picture shown on vbsignatures.php, the only place where there's a default is in the admincp's text region editor.

By default he means the one he previously created using the initial "set".

Could this be related to the change you made not allowing SIGPIC to be overwritten if IMG was being used and vice versa? =)

I tried to replicate this issue on your test board but I could not.

What I do notice however is that you don't have a base defined for the City set (images in the root folder) as discussed in a previous thread - that is preventing the signature in the City style from saving.

You'll need to fix that before any more debugging can be done :)

Hey Guys,

sorry for reactivating this thread.
But it seems that I can confirm the issue KristerSwe mentioned.

Actually I have 3 different signatures in use. All of these have the problem when saving.
The preview image is shown but the saved one changes to the previous one.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already run on version 1.1.0.

I also flushed the Browser and vbOptimise Cache ... without any effect concerning the issue :(

In that case, because I was unable to replicate the original issue, could you please explain in as much detail as possible what exactly your setup is like and what issue you're having? I'll try to replicate it on my test board and if not, I'll be back for server info :)

I think I figured the problem out.
The Issue results in connection with the content of following thread: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f149/clean-up-preview-files-7189/

While searching a way to replicate the issue I created a new user and tested the signatures. Everything worked fine.
In regular intervals I delete all preview files. You find the reason in the thread above.
After deleting the new preview files, created with the new test user, the issue was back again.

When editing a present signature the new one is not saved. Instead of this the previous Signature is shown in the preview window.

Maybe you try this on your test forum with deleting the preview files for a better recognition.

Is there any way to solve the problem?
Everyone who built a signature, can´t set a new one :(

You may need to either delete all saved images as well, or reset everybody's image configuration.

To do the latter, simply
Code:
UPDATE user SET dbtech_vbsignatures_configuration = NULL
(add your table prefix if you use one).

Please note that we won't always be able to diagnose and assist with issues that result from actions such as this (deleting preview files) - it's just rather fortunate that this turned out to be as easy as it was :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSignatures

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back