Status
Not open for further replies.

stilly

Customer
A week ago everything was fine. Shout was smooth, no issues. Was on 4.2.0. Had not recently installed any files, mods nothing. All of a sudden, shout gets stuck on loading every once in awhile, rest of the site loads quick as always. Would have to refresh the page, sometimes and site over and over to get the shout to load. Again had not uploaded any new files in a long time.

After some thought, upgraded to 4.2.2, uploaded the latest shout with hotfix from here, installed on site, same thing, stuck on loading, have to refresh many times to get the shouts to display. Funny thing is, I also have a xenforo site, same thing happened there all of a sudden, different shout of course.

On other sites not a problem, shouts load fine, and with different browsers, but on my site, no matter the browser, or vb or xen site, same thing, loading, the actual site will be indicating working in the tab window even when on posts or view threads at times, so I am guessing this is a server issue, as how it first appeared all of a sudden, on both sites, with no changes to files, and other sites work just fine for me.

So before I go to my host, hoping you can give me some info on what to look for, what the problem could be, seems weird both the sites, different software, same problem, all of a sudden. But other sites are just fine....

js issue, timeouts? Very confused here, any help on what to look for, settings at server level, other? Would be much appreciated. Very strange indeed.

Upgraded to php 5.4.2 in case it might be that, although I doubted it as everything was working fine before, site is great at 5.4.2, shout(s) are not.

Any insight would be appreciated,

I am unable to replicate this issue on your site.

I can't say I've ever heard of this before, I'd need to see this in action in order to advise further unfortunately :(

My users are reporting similar issues after the upgrade to 4.2.2 and the latest shoutbox. They are on slower CPUs and must be having trouble processing the new javascript.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back