Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyBig

Customer
Hello,

after our purchase yesterday we import some games from mochi.com - games who are flagged with "local score" feature. But all games have time as score, we have checked the permissions (any / any / score), scoring system (set to mochi).

That Problem is on every Game that we have installed.

Greetings...

Can you pm me an admin login? The scoring config for the games are set according to what mochi reports, so not sure why thats happening without a closer look.

Thanks for your patience. I have a completely free day in the morning which I am spending catching up on dbtech. Finishing my investigation of your site will be my second task (the first one is for someone else who is reporting almost exactly the same issues, and the solution might apply for you :))

We have contact the support to cancel and refund our order - we don't want to wait longer for a resolution

Hi there,

Unfortunately we won't be able to provide you with a refund for this reason - as per the terms & conditions you agreed to on purchase, refunds are only available before the product has been downloaded (standard for all digital media) or if the Lite version is functional but Pro is not (an extra condition we added in the interests of fairness).

In our FAQ of terms we have a "targeted resolution" time for different types of issues - the targeted time for an issue such as this (an individual feature not performing as it should) is one week. In this instance extenuating circumstances (The developer having a new baby in the middle of those 7 days) meant we have missed that target - as a result I have credited your account with $10 of DBTech points as an apology for the inconvenience.

I would point out that the vast majority of software publishers will not give a refund as a result of one feature not working as intended - that goes for vBulletin and windows, all the way across to things like videogames.

I apologise for the delay, and we appreciate your patience in the matter.

Regards,

Cosmic

Mh... next Problem

Start Game Settings:

Score Sorting -> "Higher scores are better"
Score Format and Rounding -> "Decimals: 0"

Result: Scoring are not visible on Arcade Site or "Manage Score"

Step 1:

Change Game Settings:

Score Sorting -> "Local scoring unsupported"
Score Format and Rounding -> "Scores are times"

Result: Scoring are visible as Time on Arcade Site and "Manage Score"

Step 2:

Change Game Settings:

Result: Scoring are visible as Points on Arcade Site and "Manage Score"

But no new Results are visible - only if i repeat the 2 Steps again....

You may want to start a new bug report thread for that - since your question was marked as answered Darkwaltz4 may not see this.

Score are not displayed correctly

Mh... next Problem

Start Game Settings:

Result: Scoring are not visible on Arcade Site or "Manage Score"

Step 1:

Change Game Settings:

Score Sorting -> "Local scoring unsupported"
Score Format and Rounding -> "Scores are times"

Result: Scoring are visible as Time on Arcade Site and "Manage Score"

Step 2:

Change Game Settings:

Result: Scoring are visible as Points on Arcade Site and "Manage Score"

But no new Results are visible - only if i repeat the 2 Steps again....

Generally, the decimals and scoring direction (or disabled) are set by the games automatically, and changing them to something that doesn't match what they internally support simply will not work. I highly recommend putting back what they were.

Now, when you say "not visible" do you mean theres actually space where you expect score to be, but its just blank? Can you post a screenshot please.

1. Play a game with the following settings

gamesettings1.png

2. After i submit the score and go back to the arcade site - not listed
arcade1.png

3. No score in the history
managescore1.png

---------- Now i'm change the settings of the game ----------

1. Set settings to:
gamesettings2.png

2. After i change the setting i go to the arcade site / same on the manage score site (admincp)
arcade2.png

---------- Now i'm change the settings of the game again ----------

1. Set settings to:
gamesettings3.png

2. go to arcade site
arcade3.png

If i play again - no scoring.... (the scoring works a short time correct)
We have this problem with ALL games

Last edited:
Thanks for making the screenshots :) What you showed me looks correct though.

When you import a game from mochi, it will tell vBArcade if local scoring is not supported for it, or if higher scores are better. You should not change this.
When local scoring is not supported, the backup score will be the time spent playing. Obviously this is not ideal, but it is better than nothing.

If you were to change the game from "local scoring not supported" and then gave a decimal setting - the score value you see is STILL the time spent playing, except now in seconds (since you changed the formatting from time to a decimal). It does not make a game that did not support scoring, suddenly support scoring.

Also, regarding the timing - mochi submits the score info to your site separate from you playing the game. There might be a delay from you being done playing and the session being closed and processed. I can verify this is working for you if the FTP you PMd me is still valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.