Status
Not open for further replies.
It does a full text search to get a relevance on the results. It searches the title, review text and tags. If you can give me the text you were searching for and an account that has access to view the reviews I can test it out.

To keep track, I'll post what I sent you a PM. It looks like on your site, if the search has a word that has less then 4 characters the search returns without results. On my dev site I can search for a 2 letter word and it works fine. I'll have to see if it's something with the database setup or something. What version of php and mysql do you have?

yeah, I'm pretty close to that, only a couple minor versions difference. Fillip H. have you run into something like that? Search with all words more then 3 characters works fine, 3 characters and less on any word, even if some are longer, gives no results. This is on a full text search.

Is there any chance of putting code in that strips problem words out of the search? I guess it might be problematic changing the bd settings for this?

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_242 using Tapatalk

That would work for you for now.

Open dbtech/review/actions/search.php

Find
PHP:
    for($n=0;$n < count($query_array);$n++)
    {
        $boolean_query .= '+' . $vbulletin->db->escape_string($query_array[$n]) . '* ';
    }

replace with

PHP:
    for($n=0;$n < count($query_array);$n++)
    {
        if (strlen($query_array[$n]) > 3)
        {
            $boolean_query .= '+' . $vbulletin->db->escape_string($query_array[$n]) . '* ';
        }
    }

That will get rid of any word with less then 4 characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Reviews

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings