Bug Problem when a user edits a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenmix

Customer
Hi

I found some errors again when a user edits a thread.

When a user dont set a prefix if the forum require it, the user lose a credit (displays error and then the user has 1 credit left).

And when the user use the preview thread, again lose a credit.

When this happens the credit dont return to the user, so i have a lot of mps complaining about this.

My configuration:

xMdDKxD.png

Some user with the problem (yesterday)

eVsJzhz.png

And this is happening every day.

Unfortunately this is a side effect of the Negation feature, there's not much we can do about it :(

Problem with preview post and edition of a post, not receiving support from DB-tech

Hi

Everytime a user uses the preview post or the advanced edition in a post, the user lost a credit. That gaves me a lot of complaints since some months ago.

I paid the lifetime license $89.95 and the branding free $75, but i still didnt receive any kind of support from dbtech.

This is not the way the product must work, this is a bug.

If the user already paid a credit to publish a post, is just ilogic that he cant edit the thread because he is losing credits everytime he edits the thread.

xMdDKxD.png

My configuration is ok, could you please really check it? I dont want an answer like there is nothing you can do, because this is a bug and, if i paid for a lifetime license the least i can expect for you, is to solve the problems of the product, or well, just give me some money back if you are not going to check this.

My last thread: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f63/problem-when-user-edits-thread-15945/

(check the poor solution)

PD. After finishing this post, i had to edit some mistakes, in my forum, the users cant edit the threads because they need to pay for more credits...

Last edited:
Threads merged - starting a new thread for the same issue if you feel like it hasn't been resolved isn't going to get your issue looked at again any differently :)

Hi

Everytime a user uses the preview post or the advanced edition in a post, the user lost a credit. That gaves me a lot of complaints since some months ago.

I paid the lifetime license $89.95 and the branding free $75, but i still didnt receive any kind of support from dbtech.

This is not the way the product must work, this is a bug.
What I gathered from your previous post is that if vBulletin spits back an error message due to the specific Thread Prefix feature, then duplicate charge actions occur. That particular issue was looked into, and it was determined that this could not be resolved.

What I now gather is that if users use the Preview feature, or the Go Advanced feature, they are also being charged.

Can you please confirm the exact nature of your issue so I can give it the correct attention?

Thank you :)

Threads merged - starting a new thread for the same issue if you feel like it hasn't been resolved isn't going to get your issue looked at again any differently :)

What I gathered from your previous post is that if vBulletin spits back an error message due to the specific Thread Prefix feature, then duplicate charge actions occur. That particular issue was looked into, and it was determined that this could not be resolved.

What I now gather is that if users use the Preview feature, or the Go Advanced feature, they are also being charged.

Can you please confirm the exact nature of your issue so I can give it the correct attention?

Thank you :)

Hi

The user is charged if any of that 3 combinations occurs: forget to set a prefix, use the preview feature before send the post and if they go to the advanced feature.

So, if the user buy a credit to just edit a thread, they usually go to preview post or use the advanced feature, then the credit is charged and they still cant edit the thread...

I'm unable to replicate this issue. Please try disabling all other modifications, leaving only DBTech modifications active, then try this again.

Your event is set up to charge a user 1 credit for each time a thread's first post is submitted in select forums. This event will trigger on edit as well, causing the credit loss you're experiencing. It's working as intended.

Your event is set up to charge a user 1 credit for each time a thread's first post is submitted in select forums. This event will trigger on edit as well, causing the credit loss you're experiencing. It's working as intended.

So in the other way, if a user win "points" for a post, he will be winning lot of points just hitting the button edit and save?

Not unless there is no Negation amount, in which case when the event is reversed the credits will be lost.

It's a case of the specific chain of events that's occurring with your particular configuration that's causing the problem.

Not unless there is no Negation amount, in which case when the event is reversed the credits will be lost.

It's a case of the specific chain of events that's occurring with your particular configuration that's causing the problem.

But thats the only one that use that usergroups and forums...

I did this:

1. Check the thread that i submitted before:

smfwt75.png

2. Did a normal edit

FVvjTvz.png

3. Going to the advanced edit

niVQSog.png

4. Going to the preview post and save changes

wpuavdx.png

5. Now the user has only 6 credits... 4 left.

gri4Jqx.png

Sorry but definitively there is not a problem with my configuration.

Pd. I disable all other events and still happening.

Last edited:
If you disable event ID 21 then this won't occur, I tested that on your site when I discovered the issue.

If you disable event ID 21 then this won't occur, I tested that on your site when I discovered the issue.

Sure... but event 21 is to charge the users $1.5 usd to do a post. So there will be no point to have the product if i cant charge the users like it said when i bought it.

:/ so the product dont work like is expected.

Finally fixed... in credits_core.php search:

if ($amount < 0)
{ //paying credits, apply now
$status = 1;
$posamount = -1 * $amount;

Replace with:

if(THIS_SCRIPT == 'editpost'){ $amount = 0; }
if ($amount < 0)
{
//paying credits, apply now
$status = 1;
$posamount = -1 * $amount;