Question possible rewrite issue, not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

feverc5

Customer
i'm not 100% sure if this is a rewrite issue with seo or something else but i figured i'd start here.

our rosters page FeverClan | Gaming Community - Fever Clan Roster

every time you click a users profile with a space in there name (example: miss joker)

the url ends up being broken with a %20 where the space is instead of adding a "-" in its place.

My guess it is a url re-write issue but not entirely certain.

If it is, whats the approach to correct it.

Thank you for your time :)

If i'm completely wrong in it being a rewrite issue let me know and i'll explore else where.

-Brad

It looks like this only happens on your Roster page, as I did a search for Miss Joker's posts and the user name appears correctly on that page. Did you have vBSEO installed previously, and the Roster modification integrates with leftover files on your server? Or maybe it has its own rewrite rules of some description?

I can see that all your usernames on that page have the capitalisation intact (e.g. Miss%20Joker.html vs miss-joker.html) which indicates to me the rewrites on that page are not powered by DragonByte SEO.

interesting.

we had VBseo installed previously. i checked and the product is disabled. I will poke around for as to why it being done via dbseo.

this gives me something to go on at least. thank you. i'll post when i figure it out.

not sure why the page doesn't get url rewrites

i know the page it self gets rewritten from roster.php to roster.html (should it? not sure)

but the link generation in the html output was the current issue. (fixed with str_replace)

however, should a page like this be run through dbseo? i'm not entirely sure of how it all works :)

Is the roster.php -> roster.html a custom rewrite rule defined in DBSEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back