Status
Not open for further replies.

Z71Psycho

Customer
The only part of settings that appear in vbulletin options are ' Dragonbyte Tech: vBSlider - General Settings'. The samething shows up from the leftside navigation menu after selecting options.

This started out as an upgrade from version 3.0.0. After numerous failed attempts I removed every part of the mod the board and ftp. I then did a fresh install only to come up with the same results. I then tried clearing the cache with no luck, and no here I am, except I search this forum before posting.

Btw, I forgot to mention I made sure each file was loaded on the server, and also cmod the image folder to 0777.

It is still installed. Any ideas?

Sorry for the delay, please make sure your user is set to superadministrator in the includes/config.php file.

I was already included with a few other superadmin ID's. I even removed a few thinking maybe too many as confusing something somewhere but it made no difference. I cleared system cache, and in vbslider options that I can see I rebuilt the cache listed there. At any rate the only part that appears is the vBslider-General Settings.

I'm still in need of some help.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

This is because of your "Enhanced ACP Navigation" product. I have disabled the offending product and it now shows up correctly :)

This is because of your "Enhanced ACP Navigation" product. I have disabled the offending product and it now shows up correctly :)

What you saw must have been brief because everything looks the same on our end. I tried repairing plugin cache, running system cache, clearing out browser cache, and rebooting my laptop all with no luck.

Not sure if tried this yet or not, but I removed all parts of the plugin from ftp and admincp, and then loaded a older version and it did not work either. Also this older version was working just fine a couple weeks ago, but since the most recent version has been loaded it will not work any longer.

I also wanted to share with you that I just asked my server host to put together a list on any recent sever upgrades. I thought it might help you find a resolution to this issue. I explained that I had removed 100% of this plugin and installed a older version only to now get the same result. The older version was working ok a few weeks ago but now it wont. Waiting on a response from you both now.

There's 0 difference in the way the old and new versions inject themselves in the AdminCP.

I've set all your administrators to Can Administer vBSlider, try it now.

There has been no change on this end. And before responding here I logged into other admin accounts and got the same results. Even the account I have setup for you shows no difference. I also shut the wifi off on my cell phone and logged in and checked, no difference. And then finally I logged out of the firefox brower and tried using the chrome browser, no difference. I'm not positive but I think some of the DBTech-User Tagging settings are missing in the admincp same as the DBTech-vBSlider.

The part I'm now confused about is that you can view the plugin in the correct manner, but when I log in with your same account using a couple different browsers with and without wifi and have the problem. How can that be?

Btw, I tried finding screen shot pic's of the admincp from the dbtech website and vbulletin.org website and could not find anything to use as a reference.

Here are screenshots of the ACP menu and Options on the current version of vBSlider. Most settings have been changed to being inside of the Instances. So does yours look different that these? If so, what is missing?

vbslider acp.PNG

vbslider options 1.PNG

vbslider options 2.PNG

That is exactly how my current option settings look in my admincp. Which as you can see there is no Forum or CMS settings listed.

Correct. Click on Manage Instances. You will see at least 1 instance shown. Click on EDIT on the right side for that instance, and then all Forum and CMS settings will be available for that instance.

When I up upgraded I had noticed right away parts that always shown in admincp were no longer there. Nor was there any info about the changes. Either way thank you for the support.

Can you explain the process for setting the slider to pull attached images from threads in set forums?

It's the same as it was before. Can you expand on your question?

I'm sorry for not being more clear. I'm not familiar with the many ways I can use vbslider on my board. I use vBa CMPS and need to be explained the 'how to" steps to set the slider up on the homepage that pulls attached images from threads in a set forum.

If you are not able to explain, do you know of any other admin's or member that may know the step by step process?

None of us run vBAdvanced - their way of initialising the vBulletin environment is vastly different from how every other mod does it. This has lead to a multitude of compatibility issues with a lot of addons, including ours.

For that reason we're entirely reliant on user-submitted guides for getting our mods up and running on vBAdvanced. Sorry :(

None of us run vBAdvanced - their way of initialising the vBulletin environment is vastly different from how every other mod does it. This has lead to a multitude of compatibility issues with a lot of addons, including ours.

For that reason we're entirely reliant on user-submitted guides for getting our mods up and running on vBAdvanced. Sorry :(

I guess I'm really not surprised by that response. Too bad there isn't better consideration and support for those that have invested into these mod's. I could careless what your thoughts are about vBadvanced. Personally I think you are lazy and prefer to make excuses by slamming someone elses product then to take care of your paying customers. I try to support developers who's mods I use. I know I wasted my time here, but you should at least try to be respectful towards your paying customers. Thank you for what efforts you did make in attempting to get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back