Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbstre

Customer
vbNavTabs 4.2 no longer show up properly

Hello! Asking for a quick fix for the style, now that the new vbNavTabs has been released for vBulletin 4.2. The NavBar basically... exploded in brown. I'm sure you're probably aware of that though ;)

Last edited:
Just to make it clearer, here is what the style looks like now. (See Attachment)
BrokenvbNavTabs.jpg

(It also seems to break things like the maximum width setting for the entire style)

Last edited:
So, I haven't gotten a response on this, and I read in another post that an update was due out yesterday but I haven't seen any announcement for it yet. I'm really hoping an update for this comes out soon, otherwise I'm going to have to use the 4.12 vbNavTabs with vbulletin 4.2 (using the Dragonbyte MMO theme), and it's really awkward and I miss out on some placement and URl compatibility if I do that. I've got long-planned maintenance scheduled for this Saturday when I'm going to implement the theme, one way or another :(

I believe certain coders have been working on the nav tab issue(which has also taken them away from what they were doing)..It's always better from a webmasters point of view to have a plan B in place for these situations..You can never take a predicted time as gospel were coders are concerned..The MMO theme was due for update yesterday but it didn't happen..Always make sure you have a plan B..;)

Yeah, the 4.12 navtabs are my Plan B, for now. I made a stupid mistake on this one, in that I waited for the vbNavTabs update, thinking it was the last piece I needed to be ready for a rather nice site overhaul, only to discover the problems with the theme :/

I'm prepared to use the 4.12 navtabs temporarily until the full release, fortunately. I was mostly worried because for once I never got an official response on my thread, and at one point I noticed that the-danzor didn't have a title like "Skin Designer" or something under his name (it just says "Member"). I couldn't remember if it had always been that way or if he had been let go quietly and I was screwed :/

Yup,to be honest I'm pretty sure he's reading this,and has always been pretty quick in responding when a thread is posted in the right place..I tend to let things go and wait for a responce, even if they go over their due date..We're all human and have live's to lead..He's still a different colour on his username,so no change there..I'm sure there will be an updated post made at some point today..

Hey,

The update got delayed as we work on a new feature with the skin(s) which is a framework. This framework is being designed to make updating and installing add-ons much easier and much less buggy. Will also make customizing the mods much faster and easier for everyone.

The whole package is being released tonight, the mods will updated separately to contain the css framework as well. However i can't say when that will happen. The updated skins should be up within 4-5 hours.

Sorry for the delay,
Scott

Just a note on what I've discovered in the past hour:

1- The "Want to Buy this Theme?" bar is back at the bottom of the screen.
2- (EDIT) Anything in a secondary navbar has its sublinks appear in the wrong place - overlaying the header. Also not sure if it's just me, but my default forum sublinks have vanished. Will test more in the morning.
3- This code appears to need to go at the very top of additional.css, as opposed to having the code on the bottom. For some reason if it wasn't on top the secondary navbars showed up as brown rectangles.
Code:
.dbt_navbar_custom {  background:#16100b;
  border-radius:8px; -moz-border-radius:8px; -webkit-border-radius:8px;
  border:1px solid #332a23;
  box-shadow:inset 0px 0px 12px rgba(000,000,000,0.6);}

div.forumtabcontainer {background:#16100b !important; border:none !important;}

.tab a, .tab a:hover {color:#fff !important;}
.bb {background:#5c4232 !important;}

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte MMO