Status
Not open for further replies.

leaguearena

Customer
mobile_pm_issue.jpg

When on our mobile template, the PMs are no longer readable when this module is turned on. The timeframes (yesterday, two weeks ago, etc.) all show but no pms are shown. Please help me resolve this issue.

Does the list show in the default mobile style, or does it produce the same results as the custom template?

Ok. I was completely wrong on that statement (that we no longer have the default mobile template installed)
We do have the default mobile template installed (just disabled) - I re-enabled the default mobile template and it is doing the same thing:
default_mobile.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, can you disable the options Show Users Avatar under DragonByte Tech: vBSuper PM's - General Settings and PM's View Active under DragonByte Tech: vBSuper PM's View PM Settings then see if that fixes it.

If it don't re enable what ever you disabled and the disable the options, Move Download Options & Move Folder Controls under DragonByte Tech: vBSuper PM's - General Settings then see if that fixes it.

Let me know which works, and I can proceed from there.

Actually, any of them will trigger it, so I am going to have to cone up with a way to check if it is a mobile style and see if I can get things to work, or have to disable them.

What would be affected either way is the senders avatar showing and PM Previews. The Move Download Options & Move Folder Controls will need to be disabled on the mobile style, but those options don't show there anyway.

Actually, any of them will trigger it, so I am going to have to cone up with a way to check if it is a mobile style and see if I can get things to work, or have to disable them.

What would be affected either way is the senders avatar showing and PM Previews. The Move Download Options & Move Folder Controls will need to be disabled on the mobile style, but those options don't show there anyway.

So, to clarify, this is now a confirmed bug.....
Are you actively working on resolving this or is it just in a queue of issues?
Need to know as we have to disable the plugin if it's going to be a long time until the issue is resolved.

Any bugs get worked on as soon as they are discovered. To try and come up with a time frame is a bit difficult, due to not knowing what steps to take. You don't have to disable the mod completely, you can turn off the settings, Show Users Avatar, Move Download Options and Move Folder Controls under DragonByte Tech: vBSuper PM's - General Settings, and PM's View Active under DragonByte Tech: vBSuper PM's View PM Settings .

As soon as I come up with a fix I will let you know.

This has now been sorted, to fix you can re download the product, and upload dbtech/vbsuper_pm/hooks/preview/template_render_output.php

Note: The showing of the senders avatar in the private message list, and the PM Previews will not work in the mobile style. This was taken out to facilitate users who are browsing with their mobile devices. They are paying more, so they want to surf the site a bit faster. Adding the above, would just slow them down, and make their browsing experience less desirable.

Ozzy47,

After uploading the current template_render_output.php I'm still receiving a blank screen on the mobile style when trying to read the actual message.

This is using the default mobile style...

Ozzy47,

After uploading the current template_render_output.php I'm still receiving a blank screen on the mobile style when trying to read the actual message.

This is using the default mobile style...
Am having the same issue.

Am using Lightweight Style and clients were unable to read PMs

To get this working; I disabled the template_render_output option via /plugin.php?do=modify (Pm reply to all str replace) - which I do not recommend and hopefully we'll get a fix for this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• not-permanent-fix.jpg
    not-permanent-fix.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
This bug was identified in July - any word on a fix. I have disabled that 'PM reply to all str' template and that seems to work, although I'm not sure what the negative of disabling is? I would have thought this would be fixed by now?

It's not fixed I'm afraid. I have the same issue on the default mobile template with v1.20. DeMelo's workaround posted above did not work for me.

Try upgrading to v1.2.0 this should be fixed in that version.

Last edited:
This mod does not function in the Mobile Style, as it takes a lot of extra coding to make a mod compatible. I am unable to reproduce any issues with this mod and the mobile style.

This mod does not function in the Mobile Style, as it takes a lot of extra coding to make a mod compatible.

Well then it's no good for me. I've paid for the Pro version and a branding free license. Could I get a refund please if I uninstall this?

To be clear: What I mean is that the functionality of the mod does not exist in the mobile style. I was not saying that incorrect displays in the mobile style is expected.

Due to the nature of digital software, we are unable to offer refunds for products that have been downloaded. We can only offer equivalent store credit for the purchase amount.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you, and I'll get it sorted :)

To be clear: What I mean is that the functionality of the mod does not exist in the mobile style. I was not saying that incorrect displays in the mobile style is expected.

Due to the nature of digital software, we are unable to offer refunds for products that have been downloaded. We can only offer equivalent store credit for the purchase amount.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you, and I'll get it sorted :)

OK thanks for the offer. I'm going to try to fix this myself in the next couple of days but I might yet take you up on the credit offer. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSuper PM's

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back