Status
Not open for further replies.

Umut Duman

Customer
i noticed at googe webmaster tools member profile urls wrongly indexed

<meta name="description" content=" is a in the Ecoiner Forums. View 's profile."/>

username variable seems not working iused members/[user_id]-[user_name]/ format....

Beta 8 is out of date, could you please upgrade to RC1? This issue has been fixed in that version :)

don''t mean to hijack the thread but i notice the description is using the user title as opposed to the rank for the description. Logic would asume username is a rank of --- as opposed to username is a customtitle of ...

For the next version, I've changed it to attempt to use the display group's user title and if none exist, fall back to the usergroup title.

To fix the situation about profile urls...

I upgraded but i realised my old REWRITE URL CODES was not working as before. I tried on settings to get same url rewrites it was just impossible.
Then i had to reload backups from yesterday....

For example my main forum url was
/cccc/forum-thread-id/
now become
/cccc/subforum/subforum/forum-thread-id/

i coudl not make it like before either there no option to redirect old urls to new ones.

As seo my current indexed pages and backlinks will be death ifi upgrade and use it.

more over i realised
my old urls was
/cccc/
new one was showing
/cccc (with out threaling slash)
it's just messed up then had to load backups...
i lost about 100 posts and members...

I upgraded but i realised my old REWRITE URL CODES was not working as before. I tried on settings to get same url rewrites it was just impossible.
Then i had to reload backups from yesterday....

For example my main forum url was
/cccc/forum-thread-id/
now become
/cccc/subforum/subforum/forum-thread-id/
This was a bugfix. You had selected options with [forum_path] in them, which were designed to work in the way you're seeing.

The correct solution would have been to simply not use rewrite formats with [forum_path] in them.

Beta 8 is no longer supported, so we will be unable to assist you with issues that have been fixed in later versions.

This was a bugfix. You had selected options with [forum_path] in them, which were designed to work in the way you're seeing.

The correct solution would have been to simply not use rewrite formats with [forum_path] in them.

Beta 8 is no longer supported, so we will be unable to assist you with issues that have been fixed in later versions.

what do you mean ??? if i upgrade there will be any solution to keep my current urls in this format or not?
i want to keep my current url format forever. Especially for forum rewrites.

what should i choose or do to atupgraded version to use ???

/cccc(forum-title-id/

ccc is has to be rewrited forum url?

fd7021aa21bbe65f7b3277d121c7c40e.png

Last edited:
Notice how all your selected options have [forum_path] in them?

Choose the options with [forum_title] in them instead of [forum_path], and your current URL structure will be preserved.

Yes i see but this image is from current one. I have not done any settings except option 1. which says forum title. and i am very happy with current settings.

If i change them to "forum title" the my indexed pages will be 404s and and redirecting each url will be too much time for me.

see http://ecoiner.org/bitcoin-speculation
Bitcoin Speculation different urls

for now i only need fix for member urls with out meta description or subplicate description issue then i wait stable version and maybe you or someone can help me to upgrade i see it's not so easy...

Also let me be sure the option there input "[forum_path]/" is this bug? i mean wrongly appearing there such an option?
is there any option in the new version called "[forum_path]/" thanks

If you PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account, I can perform the upgrade for you.

If you PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account, I can perform the upgrade for you.

thank you i just send details..

i am exhausted developing the forum lately. Will buy more things hopefully in the future to create better eco system. I want and will prove the power of dbseo to the world :))
thx

I still wait for the upgrade i hope no url structure changes with upgrade as you said.
just to remind i no need
domain.com/forum-title/subforum1-title/subforumdeepest-title/thread-title-id/ but
domain.com/forum-title/thread-title-id/
domain.com/subforum1-title/thread-title-id/
domain.com/subforumdepest-title/thread-title-id/

i hope you see each forum should come root area after domain

if you check currenmt url you will notice it apepars like
ecoiner.org/bitcoin-news/
ecoiner.org/bitcoin-talk/
ecoiner.org/bitcoin-fan-forums

so nothing like this needed but
ecoiner.org/bitcoin-fan-forums/bitcoin-talk/bitcoin-news/thread-title-id/
ecoiner.org/bitcoin-news/thread-title-id/ ... get the idea
all provides different urls... when i tried to upgrade i could not fix it.

Last edited:
Please have patience, I'm currently just starting a new day after spending nearly 16 hours travelling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back