Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeks

Hi, I would love to know what steps I need to take in order to change this to run every hour, I have edited the Scheduled Task in the ACP so that it should run every hour but it doesnt somehow.

I checked the cron php file and noticed this part:

options['dbtech_spotlight_min_days'] * 86400);

and changed that to one hour in seconds and it didnt work still.

Am I missing something?

The only other scheduled tasks are the default vb ones.

Hope you can help me with this.

Thank you.

I must add that running the task manually clicking Run Now in the ACP runs the task but when you allow it to run itself it just doesnt and it doesnt show up in the Scheduled Tasks Log, only the manually ran ones do.

Last edited:
Also, when the users avatar is a gif, it does not display when stored in the filesystem which I hope can be fixed :)

Sorry to post like this, it is still doing the same thing, I have disabled all our mods one by one till all are off, the cron doesnt work even though it seems to run but without the log left behind, I hope there is a solution to this :)

I'll check and see if I can find an error in the scheduled task. The next version I release will have the option to run it hourly, daily or weekly.

If you were running the 1.1.0 version can you try download the 1.2.0 version I just uploaded? If you were running 1.2.0 let me know, I changed my dev down to run every minute and it was selecting a new user fine.

Also, don't change the line
Code:
options['dbtech_spotlight_min_days'] * 86400);

That doesn't tell it when to run, that is for the days since last active criteria. So if you have the last active set to 7 days and change that line to an hour, you are changing the last active criteria to only select people active in the last 7 hours :)

Thanks Dylan, I honestly believe its an issue with a conflicting mod or cron/task or some database problem because it has worked a few times without expecting it to and at other times it hasnt and I have been testing it within it set to 1 minute. I am going to keep on testing and see if I am able to make it work and I will post the results if I get some :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy User Spotlight

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back