Status
Not open for further replies.

1quicksi

Customer
For some odd reason when viewing the forum home, I get a blueish color (HB1.png) that fills in the categories sections. Once the page auto refreshes then it defaults back to the normal default styles colors (HB2.png). How do I make it so it is always the default skins colors?

Attachments

• HB1.png
    HB1.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 2
  • HB2.png
    HB2.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 0
It could be several things... probably a mod that's needing more than we provide it by default. There is a setting you might want to try disabling:

AdminCP > DBTech - Forum Tabs > Settings > DragonByte Tech: DragonByte Forum Tabs - General Settings > AJAX Tabs Quick Load

If that when disabled doesn't resolve the issue, come back to me and I'll take a look on your site. It might be a mod conflict.

Have you had this problem for long, or have you only recently installed the mod? Have you added any other mods recently?

If you need me to, I can have a look via an Admin account on your site to see if there's anything unusual... :)

I tried changing that setting but it had no effect. It has been a problem for some time and I really do not remember when it actually started. I had VSA Sub Forum Manager installed (I wanted to get ride of those dumb commas) but never was able to get it to work so I just uninstalled it and the problem still exists (was hoping that was it) then reinstalled it. PM sent with login details...

Last edited:
Mokonzi has been around, but I know he has been quite busy at home and work, I am sure he will get to this as soon as he has a free moment.

So far we've worked out what is happening, but not why or what's causing it... but when DFT is disabled the problem still exists.

It might have been Fillip H. that left it disabled, but there is no particular reason to leave it disabled. I would suggest you disable each product in turn until you can find out which one is the one that has some incompatibility and we may be able to see if there is a work around for it.

Ok, but nothing changed.

I even went as far as disabling everything via the config file:

// Disable Hooks
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Still have that blue...

I've had a look again this morning, and even tried creating a new style to see if there was any unintentional styles errors... but so far it look just the same.

It might be worth investigating whether storing the style as files might help (in the vBOptions), but I doubt it will fix it. Since disabling the hooks leaves the issue as it is, that would suggest that there is a problem outside of DFT.

It might be worth posting on the vB site to see if they can offer any suggestions. Maybe before that upload all your vB files again in case there is an edit in the files that's causing the issues.

I'll mark this thread as not a bug, but feel free to let me know how you get on,

I am still confused for 1 reason. Your ajax refresh routine in FT clears the problem. Something yo guys call fixes it. Time to go code diving I guess...

The code we use only loads a small amount of the content required, which is what made me think that it might be in the files somewhere rather than the hooks. If you've had custom coding done at some point, I'd look there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Tabs

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back