Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummie

Customer
I feel I've spent a considerable time trying to figure out this add on and I'm generally computer savvy, but I am feeling dumb.

Under Activity Amounts Configuration the "Thread" is set to an amount of "2" and "charge" is not checked, yet in the "latest transactions" on the site, it says "action" with a line through it and says I spent 10.9 credits.

It seems everything I look at in the admin is not consistent with what is out on the site. I have not changed much from the default settings from the install that I know of.

Are you sure it's not saying that because you've edited the post?

If you post a post, then edit & save it, the following will happen:
1. Points awarded (posting)
2. Points deducted (editing)
3. Points awarded (editing)

This is in case you have points per word enabled - if the word count changes, it has to be recalculated how much they should be awarded for that particular post :)

Oh goodness, I did not have this thread subscribed to and when I did not get an email, I thought it was not answered.
I've been busy too.

Okay, I understand what you write. I will turn back on the add-on to observe it some more.

Edit: What I really want is something easy (I asked this in the other thread) where they earn loyalty points for activity around the forum and then can spend those points to access a special area of the forum for one month at a time (so they have to keep earning it). There is really no way to do this?

Edit Again: So I turned it on and immediately three people were awarded 50 points for their birthday, but I have "10" in the currency for birthdays.

Edit Again: I deleted a thread and it spent a lot of credits. I often delete old threads. Is there any way to turn this off so it does not spend it?

Edit Again: I have a test account. I created a thread. Earned 2.1 credits. I deleted the thread. Spent 10.0 credits

Edit Again: I deleted everything including the current currency and created my own. Thinks are working somewhat better. I realize now that I have created some of my own events that to edit the event, I have to click on the name of the event to see options I was not seeing before. This is probably where settings were hidden I was not understanding. This is where the spending setting is located that was confusing me. I did have difficulty mass deleting everyone's points though.

Last edited:
Edit: What I really want is something easy (I asked this in the other thread) where they earn loyalty points for activity around the forum and then can spend those points to access a special area of the forum for one month at a time (so they have to keep earning it). There is really no way to do this?
With vBShop you could sell access to a special forum, with an item that expires after a month :)

Edit Again: So I turned it on and immediately three people were awarded 50 points for their birthday, but I have "10" in the currency for birthdays.
This could happen if they've had 5 birthdays since the start of the forum.

Edit Again: I deleted a thread and it spent a lot of credits. I often delete old threads. Is there any way to turn this off so it does not spend it?

Edit Again: I have a test account. I created a thread. Earned 2.1 credits. I deleted the thread. Spent 10.0 credits
You can remove the Negation amount in the options you found :)

With vBShop you could sell access to a special forum, with an item that expires after a month :)

That is good news! I had looked all through vBShop lite and could not find that option and had temporarily disabled it, so I will enable it and play some more, unless you can help me get there quicker with some helps.

I also read that it also accumulates points for posts, so I would not want both of them doing so I would imagine. I have to figure out how they work together.

Also, how do a change the labels on the navigation bar? Instead of transactions, I'd like it to say "Loyalty Points" and instead of vBShop, something else as they would not know what vBShop is.

Also, how do a change the labels on the navigation bar? Instead of transactions, I'd like it to say "Loyalty Points" and instead of vBShop, something else as they would not know what vBShop is.
"Loyalty Points" does not describe a shop very well :p

You can change labels in the Phrase Manager, same as you'd change any other word on your forum.

True that "loyalty points" does not describe a shop well, but that is what I want to use to describe the currency (I got it from the top of your forum here. :) )

I indicated I was not sure what I wanted to call the shop. I have an Etsy shop, so I have to decide what to call this one. Maybe a "Loyalty Shop."

I do not see one in the phrases for the navbar. I can search and see them all and change them all one by one, but I'm afraid I'll break something. I supposed I know another way around I could do.

Since you're running vB 4.2 you can also use the Navigation Manager to change the title of navbar items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back