• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Error: abort When uploading 2.92 GB file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipher5

Customer
Hi,

I'm getting this error: abort when uploading a larger file (2.92 GB), what should I set my .php limits to? I jacked them way up and still get this error. My Apache error log shows nothing.

This is running on my home PC/server Apache/2.4.33 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.0h PHP/5.6.36 - MySQL 5.6
I set mine so far to,

memory_limit = 2048M
post_max_size = 0
max_execution_time = 3600
max_input_time = -1

Is there a max file size this product can reach?
Thanks

I have had mine set at 30 GB,
upload_max_filesize = 30720M

I'm going to google this problem hopefully I figure it out :)

This is strange because the file uploads to 100% then it sits for about 20 seconds then throws this error (Error: abort)
I'm thinking it's in this code below but since you made this mod you can tell me haha, I'm just guessing now lol

www\dbtech\downloads\includes\class_uploadhandler.php line 530

$file_size = $this->get_file_size($file_path, $append_file);
if ($file_size === $file->size)
{
// Nothin
}
else if (!$content_range)
{
@unlink($file_path);
$file->error = 'abort'; (line 530)
}

UPDATE:

06-09-2018
My only work around so far is to upload a file that is small named the same as the real file then I go in the vbdownloads folder and find it. I copy the name of this file and use it for the name of my real file, delete the place holder file and paste in the real file with the placeholder name. Works ok, but then I have to go in the database and edit table dbtech_downloads_file 'filesize' so the file reads the right filesize. I right click on the file and select the properties to get the file size, then paste it in the file's filesize row without the commas. The only problem so far doing it this way is that the Column name 'filesize' is INT(10) and was giving me an error when trying to save this filesize of "6678172426" (Out of range value for column 'filesize' at row 1) so I had to change the INT(10) to a VARCHAR(20) so it would have enough room to store the larger file size. Now it's working ok the manual work around way. Not sure if this is part of the reason I can't upload larger files? Maybe Fillip H. can chime in.

Last edited:
Hello @Cipher5,

We hope your ticket regarding vBDownloads has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

You really shouldn't be running a web server on Windows unless you're sure you need Windows-only features. CentOS is a much better server OS.

Other than that, make sure you've updated any other file size columns that may appear in the Downloads database to also use BIGINT. The system wasn't really designed for files that large if I'm honest.

Hello @Cipher5,

We hope your ticket regarding vBDownloads has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating