Question Disable showing forum PM notifications in vBShout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richtv

Customer
example: [PM to richTV]

I wish to not see these as it seems like clutter if someone sends me a forum PM or if I send a forum PM. Not referring to a shoutbox PM. I just don't want to see the notifications in the shoutbox if a forum PM is sent. As of now, all I do is delete that "shout" in the box.

Is it possible?

Thank You.

This can be controlled via the instance options, I forgot the exact name of the option but if you look through the instance options (not the vBulletin Options) you should find it :)

Still not working.

I tried in the Admin Panel:

Instance Management / Add New Instance / (Pro) Enable PM Notifications

and set it to No.

I did see this at the top of that Instance if that is the issue of it not working? :

You appear to have PHP 5.3.9 or higher installed on your server and configured to be too restrictive for vBulletin and vBShout to work correctly.

Please note that if you have a large number of usergroups, certain parts of this page may not work as intended.

If you encounter this issue, you may be able to work around this by adding the following code to your .htaccess file:

php_value max_input_vars 10000

or altering your php.ini file to increase max_input_vars to 10000.

btw, i see that for "(Pro) Enabled Shoutbox Tabs", there is a checkmark in the box for Notifications, System Messages and Shout Reports.

Do I need to uncheck the box for the Notifications tab?

Still not working.

I tried in the Admin Panel:

Instance Management / Add New Instance / (Pro) Enable PM Notifications

and set it to No.
Do be aware that it may not work for existing notifications, although going forward it should work.

I did see this at the top of that Instance if that is the issue of it not working?
Resolving this server configuration problem is a good idea, regardless.

btw, i see that for "(Pro) Enabled Shoutbox Tabs", there is a checkmark in the box for Notifications, System Messages and Shout Reports.

Do I need to uncheck the box for the Notifications tab?
No.

Do be aware that it may not work for existing notifications, although going forward it should work.

Yes, that is what i'm referring to. New one's AFTER i had made the adjustment are showing. If you have personally tested yourself what i have mentioned and it is working for you then i suppose there's a conflict with vbshout and some other add-on, hack, mod, i have installed and i'll just have to live with it. Something i noticed with that "power" button located on the bottom-left of the shoutbox which controls the invisible mode, it doesn't seem to do anything if i move my cursor over it and left-click it. Is it suppose to change color or something? Is that correct?

It won't change for you if you have disabled the option to go invisible via the instance options, or if the user group options in that selfsame page does not allow invisible.

I cannot look into the PM notification issue any further just now as my work machine is in for repairs, but no-one else has reported this problem so I don't see how a bug could have gone unnoticed by tens of thousands of users for ~6 years.

no need to verify that on your work machine.

That "New Instance" I had created earlier as mentioned above, i went ahead and deleted that and instead went to Instance Management / View Instance Permissions

and selected Edit for the Administrators, followed by selecting No for (Pro) Enable PM Notifications and it is working now.

btw, I was also able to figure out the Invisible Mode.

Initially I was just going to Instance Management / View Instance Permissions and adjusting the Disallow "Invisible Mode" but that didn't work. It wasn't until I pan down further to Instance Permissions and added a checkmark for the Can Toggle Invisible that the "button" now is accessible.

thanks again and sorry for the bother.

Last edited:
Hello richtv,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings